Windows 10: Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

Discus and support Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail. Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mattwillemsen, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail.

Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it stalls.

I have run chkdsk - also one day - and found some problems.

I have a feeling each time I run it and each time I reboot the errors multiply.

I have a 3Tb drive on which I have already copied my data, documents, music, and photos.

Can I just skip the system image bit, install Windows 10 onto the new hard drive, and run recover without the system image?

At this point I don't even care about losing my software. It would be much faster to reinstall everything.

:)

mattwillemsen, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Tom Kunzo Win User

System Restore & Backup For Windows10

What I mean is that in Windows7 there is a facility for auto-backup at certain dates (especially when Windows performs an update) from where one can restore the system to an earlier and trouble free state.

I noticed that there is no such auto system in Windows10.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, Jul 29, 2020
  3. System Restore & Backup For Windows10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

In Windows 10, we can create a system restore point and can go back to the created restore point if PC got corrupted.

You can follow the steps below to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally.

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.
    • Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    For additional information refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

Restore a System Image Backup

Hi Kirk,

One of the possible reasons why this issue occurs is when the System Image Backup that you'd like to restore is corrupted. We would like to know more about the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

• How did you create your system image backup?
    • Can you provide us the screenshot of the exact error message?
    • Is your USB device readable to other PCs?
    • What are the contents of the USB device? Can you provide us the screenshot of it?

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

1. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image? - Similar Threads - possible create restore

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  5. Create A System Image Backup

6. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  8. Create a backup system image

9. Create backup system image

Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  10. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...