Windows 10: Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?

Discus and support Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Currently the default is -- using medium size tiles -- 3 wide + 3 wide. Is it possible to customize it further? Specifically to 3 wide + 2 wide? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BananaFrappe, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?

Currently the default is -- using medium size tiles -- 3 wide + 3 wide. Is it possible to customize it further? Specifically to 3 wide + 2 wide?

I know you can customize it to 4 wide + 4 wide, but that is WAY too many for me. LOL

:)

BananaFrappe, Sep 14, 2018

2. Start Menu: Show more than 3-medium-size-wide Columns.

If Microsoft is going to include tiles that can take two Medium spaces (Wide and Large), then IMO it is absolutely moronic to make the columns only 3 Medium tiles wide. That forces you to either have massive spaces between Column groups that force you to
    scroll more, or Wide/Large Tiles so small you can't read them or are cut off.

EXAMPLES: Imgur

This just seems like common sense. The Start menu should have the option to Scroll
    either vertically or horizontally. It should behave exactly like 8.1 with regards to the columns, meaning
    what tiles are in the column/group decides the column width (or length if scrolling vertically). Lastly 3rd party programs like Oblytile should be re-allowed to create custom tiles/shortcuts.
    The 8.1 Start Menu was a completely customizable full screen version of the task bar. (i.e. what programs you run most often in a completely individually defined space.) - We shouldn't have lost that in 10.

If you agree with me, here's a LINK where you can vote to have this changed: https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...s-customize-the-tile-groups-width-to-4-medium , but I don't have any confidence
    that the insider pages are even being looked at any more.

SeanBallhorn, Sep 14, 2018
  3. justho Win User
    Start Menu: Show more than 3-medium-size-wide Columns.

In settings:

Go to personalization->start->Turn on Show more tiles.

This will increase the column size to allow for 2 wide tiles per column.

justho, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Trias84 Win User

Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?

Start Menu: Show more than 3-medium-size-wide Columns.

Oh my god, this will fix the issues I have with it using steam tiles app!

Trias84, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?

1. Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)? - Similar Threads - possible customize Win10

2. Wide Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wide Taskbar: The taskbar is wider than the screen and cuts off the notification center. Any Ideas on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wide-taskbar/1c297ae4-34b8-4e0b-bc4c-9a476d9de11f
  3. Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...: Ok, long title as i feel i need to be pretty specific. There are SO many Apps on the Store and elsewhere that do some but not all the features. I know that i had this a year or two back. I've never found it again. So, i'm looking for a program that'll let me create tiles...
  4. Which free apps can I use to pin wide tiles of executables on Start Menu?

Which free apps can I use to pin wide tiles of executables on Start Menu?: TileConfier doesn't allow to pin wide tiles, so I was looking for some free apps that can do this. I also came across an app called edgeTile but I don't know how to use it, it's very complicated. submitted by /u/Secure_Height6304 [link] [comments]...
  5. Start menu tiles customization.

Start menu tiles customization.: I'm using a dark grey theme, all but one tile in my start menu has the same grey background but one is lighter than the rest for no reason. I fail to find the option to individually change tile colors. Example Thanks for replies. submitted by /u/Darth_Jupiter [link]...
  6. Changing System wide Font sizes

Changing System wide Font sizes: How do I change the font for my laptop system wide because currently I am not able to do this and I would like to change the font style since it has been the same thing for some time?...
  7. Custom start menu tile

Custom start menu tile: I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts? [img] For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too...
  8. Start menu tile customization

Start menu tile customization: Hi Guys, Okay so I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 the Start Menu had categories like "Life at a glance" and so on. However, I removed all of the tiles because at that time I felt like I didn't need them. Now, I would...
  9. How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?: How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? Or when a wide tile such as the Mail tile is already in place, it would allow 3 tiles wide? I tried the “expansion arrow” to move to the right, also Ctrl-Alt-pr sc: no luck. 69615
  10. Start Menu Reposition to center monitor of 3 monitor wide screen setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Reposition to center monitor of 3 monitor wide screen setup: I have just upgraded from win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro on my gaming computer. I have 3 monitors set to act as one wide desktop. Currently the Win 10 start menu positions to the far left of the left monitor. Is there a way to reposition it (in it's entirety) to he center...