Windows 10: Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

Discus and support Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ProChess, Oct 15, 2021.

1. ProChess Win User

Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gptThe documentation states:MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record MBR to the GUID Partition Table GPT partition style without modifying or deleting data on the disk. Does this mean that if windows is unable to boot, the EFI partition can be deleted? In other words, is it possible to revert GPT back to MBR if something fails in the process of converting MBR to GPT?

:)

ProChess, Oct 15, 2021
  2. Smittychat., Oct 15, 2021
  3. Convert only one partition on the disk from MBR to GPT

I need after a crash ,to reinstall Windows 10 using Micosofts "installation media" but get the following response:

“Windows can not be installed on this drive. The selected disk has an MBR partition table.

On EFI systems, windows can only be installed on GPT disks”.

Does anyone know how and whether it is possible to convert only one partition (of 4) on the disk from MBR to GPT

Kind regards Alex

Alex Vangede, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

Smittychat., Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

1. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT - Similar Threads - possible delete EFI

2. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  3. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  4. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  5. Convert GPT to MBR

Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  6. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT: Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gptThe documentation states:MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record MBR to the GUID...
  8. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT: Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gptThe documentation states:MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record MBR to the GUID...
  9. If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt...

If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt...: If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt without deleting volume it removes data built in tool or if i remove does it remove data whats worse if my partition was gpt gpt to mbr is much worse or mbr to gpt if i delete or not...
  10. Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?: I've just recently re-installed Windows on my laptop. I had the hard drive set to a GPT format disk since my system supports and previously used UEFI boot, but this install wouldn't allow it so I just went to MBR again.. Is there a way to convert the currently MBR type...