Windows 10: Is it possible to disable Audio descriptions in Movies & TV

Discus and support Is it possible to disable Audio descriptions in Movies & TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, when i play an .mkv on Movies & TV Windows 10 app, all i can listen is the audio description of the movie. I click on "Show menu for subtitles and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by luarpc, Nov 16, 2019.

1. luarpc Win User

Is it possible to disable Audio descriptions in Movies & TV

Hi,

when i play an .mkv on Movies & TV Windows 10 app, all i can listen is the audio description of the movie. I click on "Show menu for subtitles and audio" to select the subtitles or audio file, but can't select the audio file and can't disable Audio Commentary.

Is there any way to disable it? If there's not, this Windows 10 app Movies & TV is useless!

I have to use VLC or another media player.

Thanks.

:)

luarpc, Nov 16, 2019

2. 0xc00d4e85 in Movie & TV

We're still looking into this, Stephane, as there's a possibility that the Movie & TV app can only support one format at a time. You may try to disable/re-enable the third-party audio driver on your PC and see if that helps. Follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers.
    • Right-click the third-party audio driver (e.g. Realtek audio driver), then click
      Disable.
    • Right-click it again, then click enable, then check if it addressed the issue.

If the issue persists, then please send us a feedback regarding the Movie & TV app through out Feedback Hub so our software engineers will be able to look into this matter. Follow the steps provided here:

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Get Movies & TV - Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

DTS audio is not playing on Movies&Tv

Hi Abdul,

A DTS audio file format is not supported by the Movies&Tv app which is why you're unable to play it. To better assist you, we suggest that you visit this

link
    . From there you'll see all of the file formats being supported by the Movies&Tv app.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to disable Audio descriptions in Movies & TV - Similar Threads - possible disable Audio

2. Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV: So I found an very annoying feature from Movies and TV. When I click and drag my video, it switches to another video. This is also for the right button, the mouse wheel, and the buttons that take me left and right on pages on browsers. How do I disable this feature with some...
  3. Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV: So I found an very annoying feature from Movies and TV. When I click and drag my video, it switches to another video. This is also for the right button, the mouse wheel, and the buttons that take me left and right on pages on browsers. How do I disable this feature with some...
  4. Movies and TV casting audio but no video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV casting audio but no video: I was able to cast both audio and video for a few days, but now its only allowing audio. The app itself cant find the Chromecast but google chrome allows me to cast my screen and then the app only gives audio now. Every other app allows me to cast both video and audio from...
  5. Movies and TV casting audio but no video

Movies and TV casting audio but no video: I was able to cast both audio and video for a few days, but now its only allowing audio. The app itself cant find the Chromecast but google chrome allows me to cast my screen and then the app only gives audio now. Every other app allows me to cast both video and audio from...
  6. Movies & TV audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movies & TV audio: Starting using Movies & TV to play recorded TV shows after upgrading to Win10 and it worked well. Recently, however, it will play the recordings with video but audio is gone. If I go back to the program that I used to use for playback Hauppauge WinTV 8.5 everything works as...
  7. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  8. Videos on Movies & TV app do not show full description

Videos on Movies & TV app do not show full description: Why some VIDEOS downloaded only show the Title, the Artist and SIGN of small video Camera instead of a full POSTER of the VIDEO? Is maybe some cause of videos corruption? I see every detail of the video that I want to play in REAL PLAYER. Why not on the MOVIES & TV app? Some...
  9. Movies & TV app for Windows 7 - is it possible?

Movies & TV app for Windows 7 - is it possible?: I'm currently using Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit w/SP1 but after trying out the Movies & TV app on another computer would like to have it on my computer because of the 30 sec skip feature but can't download it. Is there any way I can download and install it on a Windows 7...
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617