Windows 10: Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

Discus and support Is it Possible to Disable Cortana? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Dec 4, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana?

:)

yahanna, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Is it Possible to Disable Cortana? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana? - Similar Threads - Possible Disable Cortana

2. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: Unless Microsoft can provide the kind of user interface that enables folks to STOP Cortana and STOP updating Defaults, it will be the last time I purchase a system with Windows; I will move to the superior OSes of some version of Linux. You folks should be ashamed and you...
  3. Disable Cortana

in Cortana
    Disable Cortana: Cortana has taken over my laptop and I can not do anything. I need this pathetic product disabled or removed. Please advise how I do this this a Windows 10 Home version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/a7ec5941-7d8a-4721-a6e6-6edc9aabda4c
  4. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how do i completely disable cortana it is impacting gaming performance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/15b8d1d0-32ed-4a18-891b-86b51d1b151b
  5. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana in WIndows 10? I don't use it. When I click on "end task" in the task manager, it does NOT stay off. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/1e6d20dd-06a1-4365-86cb-d11a28c89742
  6. Disable Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  7. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  8. Disabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Disabling Cortana: Until today, my taskbar "search box" did not use Cortana. Sometime today, perhaps following an update, it is using Cortana and I have not been able to figure out how to disable it. . I want the search box which previously was delivering local results. . So I would like to...
  9. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?: I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824
  10. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467