Windows 10: Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

Discus and support Is it Possible to Disable Cortana? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yahanna, Dec 4, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana?

:)

yahanna, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Is it Possible to Disable Cortana? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana? - Similar Threads - Possible Disable Cortana

2. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?: I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824
  3. How to Disable Permanently Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Permanently Cortana?: I have a Toshiba 64-bit laptop running Windows 10 Home. Some time ago, I spent DAYS getting Cortana disabled and turned off on my laptop. And now after this last update, MS in it's infinite stupidity has turned it back on. I've looked at instructions on the internet on how...
  4. "Cortana disabled by company policy"

"Cortana disabled by company policy": This suddenly came on my PC, despite it being a home PC that I have full admin over - even MS can't figure it out. Any takers? 42542
  5. Disabling Cortana, for real.

Disabling Cortana, for real.: No hate posts please. The idea of Cortana is great. Especially from a nerdy "my computer is a lady and can talk to me" standpoint. I dig that. But realistically, I'm not going to make use of Cortana's awesomeness, and I know it. So, I want to stop Cortana from taking up my...
  6. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467
  7. Need help to disable Cortana

Need help to disable Cortana: I've disabled Cortana in the Group Policy, and restarted the PC, but still Cortana remains. When I used to have it disabled, a search icon appeared. Everything is disabled in the Cortana settings menu. Are there some other settings I should be aware of? [img] [img]...
  8. Cortana is disabled by company policy????

Cortana is disabled by company policy????: This is what greets me when I attempt to wake cortana. Where is the "company policy" set? I checked and did the manual enable of Cortana per one of the tutorials but even though I've done this I still get that "company policy" message. This is my own Windows 10 PRO system and...
  9. How to disable Cortana completely?

How to disable Cortana completely?: How to disable Cortana completely? I have turn it off but its still in the task bar running. After end task, it will repop after few sec. 12421
  10. Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?: I'm loving Windows 10 and I really want to enable Cortana for all the voice recognition goodness but when I configure it I get a message that says my "Microsoft ID will now become my signon" or something like that. I leave the notebook powered on all day and when I walk...