Windows 10: Is it possible to disable Data Base ? Wrong media info given when ripping audio CD.

Discus and support Is it possible to disable Data Base ? Wrong media info given when ripping audio CD. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When ripping an audio CD the wrong information is being put in automatically. Is it possible to disable Data Base to stop wrong information being... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Raymond Hawley, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Is it possible to disable Data Base ? Wrong media info given when ripping audio CD.

When ripping an audio CD the wrong information is being put in automatically. Is it possible to disable Data Base to stop wrong information being received ? The audio CD's have audio church services on them and are converted to MP3 prior to being put onto our World Press web page.

The wrong information can be edited to the correct information manually.

Also would turning off the internet connection stop the data base working?

Regards Ray

:)

Raymond Hawley, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Windows Media Player No Longer Rips Audio CDs

I tried each of the three fixes but Media Player still will not Rip audio CD Audio Track (.cda). Next, I performed the uninstall and then reinstall as directed, including the reboots directed.

Still does not work. Are there codecs possibly missing?

pragmaticron, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Is it possible to disable Data Base ? Wrong media info given when ripping audio CD.

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to disable Data Base ? Wrong media info given when ripping audio CD.

1. Is it possible to disable Data Base ? Wrong media info given when ripping audio CD. - Similar Threads - possible disable Data

2. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  3. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  4. Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out: When I insert an audio CD and open Media Player, the app reads the CD and can play it just fine, but I am unable to rip it - both the Rip CD and Rip Settings buttons are greyed out. Running Windows 11....
  5. Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out: When I insert an audio CD and open Media Player, the app reads the CD and can play it just fine, but I am unable to rip it - both the Rip CD and Rip Settings buttons are greyed out. Running Windows 11....
  6. Can't RIP an audio CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't RIP an audio CD: Every time I click the "Rip CD" button on an audio CD to rip it to a flash drive, the Windows Media Player window disappears. This happens also on music CDs. The CDs are clean with no scratches. I have tried everything I can think of. It has to be some simple thing I'm...
  7. Ripping cd's in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  8. CD RIP in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....
  9. I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...: I want to burn a cd to my WMP. Problem is it saves as a Groove music file and can not then be burned as an MP3 disc to use on my hi fi system. On my current attempt to burn to disc the media player has frozen and can not be shut down because it thinks it is still burning....
  10. cd info when ripping cd to mp3 file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cd info when ripping cd to mp3 file: I can't download cd info when ripping cd to mp3. I have windows 10 media player and in older version (Windows 7) it automatically downloaded all album info. Please help....