Windows 10: Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background?

Discus and support Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've heard that windows runs program you use frequently in advance to make your computer feel more responsive. Is it possible to disable this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by manofculture., Nov 26, 2022.

1. Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background?

Hello, I've heard that windows runs program you use frequently in advance to make your computer feel more responsive. Is it possible to disable this?

:)

manofculture., Nov 26, 2022

2. Is it possible to set a setting to make a program not go to the background when using another program?

Hi,

Kindly try the below steps, if this does not work do post back to let us know.

1. Select Start , then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Scroll to the desired app, select More options on the right edge of the window, then select Advanced options.
    3. In the Background apps permissions section, under Let this app run in the background, select Never.
    Thank you,

Rahul Venkataraman

ee6faa4a-f9b4-47b5-8aa1-d200e4c6307c, Nov 26, 2022
  3. My program starts as a background process and can't be seen, It use to work ?

Hi Kevin,

As per the description, I understand that when you start the application, it runs on the background and dose not open in the foreground. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

Please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode (try different Operating systems) and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to place the computer in a Clean boot state and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Follow the Microsoft KB article to perform clean boot on the computer:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Darknova Win User

Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background?

DISABLE vista background

I just googled vista disable background and it was part of one of the discussions in one of the first few links.

Darknova, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background?

1. Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background? - Similar Threads - possible disable frequently

2. Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?: I don't want to disable it altogether but I have a frequently used program that gets stopped every time. Can I somehow set it to ignore certain programs?...
  3. Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to disable frequently used programs starting in the background?: Hello, I've heard that windows runs program you use frequently in advance to make your computer feel more responsive. Is it possible to disable this?...
  4. Is it possible to set a setting to make a program not go to the background when using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to set a setting to make a program not go to the background when using...: Would like to have the default calculator app not go in the background when I'm using other apps like excel, edge, firefox,etc. is this possible?Using windows 10 Pro...
  5. Is it possible to set a setting to make a program not go to the background when using...

Is it possible to set a setting to make a program not go to the background when using...: Would like to have the default calculator app not go in the background when I'm using other apps like excel, edge, firefox,etc. is this possible?Using windows 10 Pro...
  6. Is it possible to set a setting to make a program not go to the background when using...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is it possible to stagger my start-up programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to stagger my start-up programs?: I want to prevent certain apps/programs from auto-booting immediately (and slowing down my boot time). I still want it to auto-boot just not at the beginning as soon as I turn my PC on. Is there a program that can do this? Maybe to auto boot these programs after a minute....
  8. Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.

Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.: Hi, I'll try to be short, since it's strange and hard to explain. Had windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, everything normal. After a few months, one program I use for a long time started giving me problems - plays.tv. It''s a client app that allows recording of in-game...
  9. Starting new program opens program window in background

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting new program opens program window in background: Hello, I have this problem - when I start any program its window appears in background - behind others. Even it is the first program I start its windows is not active and I need to click it to make active. That issue appeared when I was with Windows 8.1 and after upgrade to...
  10. Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?: I'm using an old laptop as a Kodi Media Center and I have it set to automatically login and boot kodi on startup and wake from sleep, so what I'm wanting to do is add all shortcuts I need to the desktop and completely disable the start menu. Not sure if this is possible, but...