Windows 10: Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused?

Discus and support Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a game which runs 4:3 windowed mode. But with a height of 1080 the taskbar is overlapping the window. Is there a way to make it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobatanything, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused?

I have a game which runs 4:3 windowed mode. But with a height of 1080 the taskbar is overlapping the window. Is there a way to make it automatically disappear when I have this specific window focused?

submitted by /u/noobatanything
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noobatanything, Jul 1, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 1, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused?

Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar

The way he came across I didn't even consider that suggestion as that's what I do. His complaint, as I understand it, is that he only wanted certain icons to have names, while others did not...

BTW When you say "Remove the expanded icons on the taskbar" I assume you mean going to the Taskbar properties and under the "Combine taskbar buttons" dropdown box choosing "Always, hide labels"?

sygnus21, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused?

1. Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused? - Similar Threads - possible disable hide

2. Is it possible to hide or remove this icon from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to hide or remove this icon from the taskbar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bautifacha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1fzqn/is_it_possible_to_hide_or_remove_this_icon_from/
  3. Is it possible to hide taskbar ONLY on desktop mode?

Is it possible to hide taskbar ONLY on desktop mode?: Is it possible to hide taskbar ONLY on desktop mode? submitted by /u/jobama___ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdihxo/is_it_possible_to_hide_taskbar_only_on_desktop/
  4. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only on the desktop?

Is it possible to hide the taskbar only on the desktop?: title submitted by /u/Freegamefall [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7mwof/is_it_possible_to_hide_the_taskbar_only_on_the/
  5. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?

Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?: I am wondering if there is any way to get the taskbar to hide only when a window is maximized. I have seen a couple solutions out there, but the few that I saw did not work for multi-monitor setups (they hid all of my task bars on all screens when just one screen had a...
  6. Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?

Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?: I like to have my taskbar hide automatically, but when I get a notification on an app, it un-hides my taskbar, and I only want the taskbar to unhide when I put my mouse at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible to edit the Windows Registry to make apps not force the...
  7. Possible to hide a device from certain app windows 10?

Possible to hide a device from certain app windows 10?: Hey guys! I'm trying to use a third-party app for a flight simulator, but I discovered that every time I connect my USB rudder pedals the app crashes after some time. So I would like to know how can I still use the pedals in the simulator but the certain app won't be able...
  8. Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar: So, I have a weird-ish question. I multitask a lot, and have the calculator and sticky notes applications running a lot of the time. I also have my taskbar buttons expanded, so I can see what each browser window has on it to quickly switch between them. However, apps that I...
  9. Completely hide/disable the taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely hide/disable the taskbar in Windows 10: I know that it is possible to make the taskbar hidden, but when you mouse over it, it will pop up, and even when it's hidden, there's a thin line visible. Is there any way to edit the registry or something to make the taskbar completely hidden? If there's not, someone please...
  10. Scheduled taskbar auto-hide? Is that possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled taskbar auto-hide? Is that possible?: My brother from time to time looks at the time on the taskbar to the right. He constantly peeks out his head and disrupts me. (It sucks that I'm using a desktop computer in the corner of a living room.) Is it possible to schedule for the taskbar to auto-hide at a certain...