Windows 10: Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

Discus and support Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Because face recognition, fingerprint or Yubikey are more secure, I want to disable password sign in on my computer. I tried netplwiz and unchecking... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JDPrins41, Aug 21, 2018.

1. JDPrins41 Win User

Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

Because face recognition, fingerprint or Yubikey are more secure, I want to disable password sign in on my computer. I tried netplwiz and unchecking 'user must enter a user name and password to use this computer', but then the PC starts without any sign in option, so no security at all.
    Is it possible to disable password sign in, but sign in with Windows Hello (face recognition, fingerprint and/or Yubikey)?

:)

JDPrins41, Aug 21, 2018
  2. tjc4 Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

3. Wullail Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

1. Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC - Similar Threads - possible disable password

2. Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?: Hello, my question is simple, but the solution is likely complicated.I’m wondering if there is a way to enable signing into Windows 11 via a single mouseclick, rather than using a PIN or Password. To clarify, when I’m done with my pc I usually sign out and let it sit on the...
  3. Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?: Hello, my question is simple, but the solution is likely complicated.I’m wondering if there is a way to enable signing into Windows 11 via a single mouseclick, rather than using a PIN or Password. To clarify, when I’m done with my pc I usually sign out and let it sit on the...
  4. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled: Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on sign in - and if I try and add a PIN it will ask me to enter my current PIN to confirm then close without asking for a new...
  5. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled: Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on sign in - and if I try and add a PIN it will ask me to enter my current PIN to confirm then close without asking for a new...
  6. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop

How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop: Hello, I just finished setting up my laptop and it asked me for a pin to be used for sign-in, and since then, they are requiring me to use the pin instead of my password. Is there a way for me to disable the pin sign-in option and just use the password sign-in option? Thank...
  8. Sign in Hello and PIN

Sign in Hello and PIN: The Hello and Pin Sign in Options are not working. Keep getting errors and restart option. doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-hello-and-pin/ca92c5d4-f081-4a93-85ac-6629bd9f639f
  9. How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in

How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in: Hello, Is there perhaps any way that I can disable the use of the user account password to sign in? I only want to be able to sign in with the Windows Hello PIN and Face, and not have the user account password as an option to sign in. Currently, on my lock screen there is...
  10. Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello): So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint. Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint. I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to...