Windows 10: Is it possible to disable the stream of notifications that occur when you come back to the...

Discus and support Is it possible to disable the stream of notifications that occur when you come back to the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm getting notifications from Discord, Messenger, Outlook (work profile, school profile, personal profile) and a few other apps. Factor in group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillGoats, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Is it possible to disable the stream of notifications that occur when you come back to the...

I'm getting notifications from Discord, Messenger, Outlook (work profile, school profile, personal profile) and a few other apps. Factor in group conversations and I occasionally have about 40 notifications when I get back after being gone for a few hours.

Windows thinks it's a good idea to display them one by one for a few seconds in this scenario - meaning I get constant notifications for several minutes. The solution I have for now is to press Win+A, Shift+Tab, Shift+Tab and Enter to delete all notifications.

The thing is I don't necessarily want to delete them all - I just don't have to see them all at once like that. It would be much more useful if I just got a single notification saying "You have 40 unread notifications", and that's that. Most of the time I've read nearly all of them on my phone anyway.

Is it possible to change or disable this behaviour?

submitted by /u/BillGoats
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BillGoats, Apr 5, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 5, 2021
  3. How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Hello Simon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you want to disable only Outlook notification?

• When do you get this notification?

• Do you want to disable other app notifications as well?

You will receive notification along with the sound if you have enabled settings accordingly for the application to notify you.

If you want to disable Outlook notification on Mail app, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mail and select the top most search result.

• Click on the Settings icon located at the bottom left corner of the app and select
      Notifications from the popped window on the right side.

• Check/uncheck the appropriate options from the Notifications window.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If you want to disable other notifications on your PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select System and click on
      Notifications & actions
      from the left side panel of the screen.

• Enable/disable the apps notification from the window accordingly and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Is it possible to disable the stream of notifications that occur when you come back to the...

How to disable everything related to Windows push notifications? (SMDH)

Hi,

You can disable the Windows and other apps notifications by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + I and click System.
    • Go to Notifications & actions.
    • From there, you'll see the list of options on whether to enable or disable the notifications.
    • Toggle all the options to Off if you don't want any notifications.

Also, you may disable by following the steps provided in this
    article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to disable the stream of notifications that occur when you come back to the...

1. Is it possible to disable the stream of notifications that occur when you come back to the... - Similar Threads - possible disable stream

2. notification sound comes but no any notification occurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notification sound comes but no any notification occurs: There is a problem with my window. There is a notification sound coming multiple times but there is no notification is present all over the window. It happens multiple times a day. After much research, I found that there may be an error in my drive when I saw in the footer...
  3. notification sound comes but no any notification occurs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification sound comes but no any notification occurs: There is a problem with my window. There is a notification sound coming multiple times but there is no notification is present all over the window. It happens multiple times a day. After much research, I found that there may be an error in my drive when I saw in the footer...
  4. Windows 11 - Is it possible to come back to the same folder when saving?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Is it possible to come back to the same folder when saving?: In Windows 11, I am wondering if File Explorer can return to the same folder when you're saving multiple files. I've gone through options without luck in finding this capability. I don't see an option of Quick Access being available when saving files, either. I know this was...
  5. Windows 11 - Is it possible to come back to the same folder when saving?

Windows 11 - Is it possible to come back to the same folder when saving?: In Windows 11, I am wondering if File Explorer can return to the same folder when you're saving multiple files. I've gone through options without luck in finding this capability. I don't see an option of Quick Access being available when saving files, either. I know this was...
  6. Notifications not coming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications not coming: Hello,Suppose I took a screenshot with Shift + Win + S so the notification after the snapshot doesn't come it straight goes to the action center. but, why? even though, I have turned off the focus assist: What can I do?...
  7. Notifications not coming

Notifications not coming: Hello,Suppose I took a screenshot with Shift + Win + S so the notification after the snapshot doesn't come it straight goes to the action center. but, why? even though, I have turned off the focus assist: What can I do?...
  8. Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come: Dear all, I am facing an annoying problem I think since I have update my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004. I have the sound off, most of the time, and theres an crackling sound when a notification comes, (eg. email notification). This only happens when my laptop is connected...
  9. BSOD occurring when streaming videos or randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring when streaming videos or randomly: Hi, I'm getting BSODs randomly sometimes and frequently when I'm trying to stream videos online. I have reset windows but it didn't solve the problem. I have performed windows memory diagnostics and dell hardware diagnostics and everything was Ok. These BSODs started...
  10. Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the...: I have all system sounds disabled in Control Panel/Sounds ('None' is selected). I also have the System Sounds fader in Volume Mixer turned all the way down and muted. When the Device Volume in Volume Mixer is turned all the way up it makes a VERY loud "DING DING DING" (duh,...