Windows 10: Is it possible to disallow media keys from interacting with any other app besides one?

Discus and support Is it possible to disallow media keys from interacting with any other app besides one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; More and more compatibility is supported by apps for media keys. While I can disable the functionality on certain apps, others don't provide me with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Renaynay, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Renaynay Win User

Is it possible to disallow media keys from interacting with any other app besides one?

More and more compatibility is supported by apps for media keys. While I can disable the functionality on certain apps, others don't provide me with an option to do so. I mostly use Spotify, as an example, and Discord, on the other hand, is also controlled by said media keys. It's a nuisance to try and watch something on one app while switching songs on the other.

:)

Renaynay, Jun 25, 2020

2. RE: Adanced Interactive Media App

Thanks for the reply, but tried all that before posting. As stated, it appears the Advanced Interactive Media App (AIMA) is not recognizing the Laptop camera. When looking at "Camera" page, a list of apps accessing the camera appear. However, the AIMA
    is not listed. When setting up the AIMA, the program asked to access the microphone, but not the camera. I could try installing and then reinstalling. Webroot is uptodate. Weird issue. I am using an HP Envy, Windows 10 OS (system purchased in Nov. 2018.

Broken_Logic, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Is it possible to disallow media keys from interacting with any other app besides one?

Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: How to make any program the default on Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to disallow media keys from interacting with any other app besides one?

1. Is it possible to disallow media keys from interacting with any other app besides one? - Similar Threads - possible disallow media

2. Static or dissappearance of audio from other apps besides the speaker's audio during a call.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static or dissappearance of audio from other apps besides the speaker's audio during a call.: Every time I enter a call or a meeting using any communication app whether that be discord, zoom, or messenger messes with the audio of my other apps. The audio from other applications becomes weaker, more static, or is practically gone. Once I enter the call or meeting, the...
  3. Media stream from any folder other than Videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media stream from any folder other than Videos?: Is this possible? I'm streaming movies from my Videos folder but is it possible to stream to any other? I tried sharing other folders but TV (Samsung Q60R on Tizen) doesn't recognise anything other than main library. submitted by /u/JustRelaxASC [link] [comments]...
  4. Disable Media Keys for Everything except one App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Media Keys for Everything except one App: Hello,I don't like it when Explorer, Whatsapp, Firefox, Chrome or any other app intervene with my media keys when I simply try to pause the song on Spotify. Is there a way to set it up to so that it can only work with Spotify?Thanks...
  5. Disable Media Keys for Everything except one App

Disable Media Keys for Everything except one App: Hello,I don't like it when Explorer, Whatsapp, Firefox, Chrome or any other app intervene with my media keys when I simply try to pause the song on Spotify. Is there a way to set it up to so that it can only work with Spotify?Thanks...
  6. Office 365: Outlook & other MSO apps interaction

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365: Outlook & other MSO apps interaction: A curiosity, perhaps a setting somewhere, perhaps intentional by design. I use Outlook client for my emails using outlook.pst for emails to my main email address, other .pst files for my other email addresses. Assuming Outlook is not running, I've noticed that when I open...
  7. Is there an app that will disallow my Win10 desktop from "sleeping" ?

Is there an app that will disallow my Win10 desktop from "sleeping" ?: I sometimes run my desktop overnight, copying from our network here at work. I've had issues where I've come in next morning and the desktop has put the network to sleep and put the USB drives to sleep to conserve power and that has stopped the copy. Is there an App or...
  8. RE: Adanced Interactive Media App

RE: Adanced Interactive Media App: Need help getting web cam to record. No problem recording audio. It appears the camera is not being accessed by the app. Camera is turned on. Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-adanced-interactive-media-app/ac263695-b23f-4de9-b5ce-6e618ccf9db4
  9. I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I try to interact with one monitor but the output shows on the other: Im using a laptop (tobisha) with windows 10 installed and i just hooked up another monitor to my main, configured the settings, and moved my cursor to the other monitor to try to open chrome on the other monitor but it opened on the other monitor, rendering the second monitor...
  10. Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?: Hi, I run an office with Windows 10 on all the PC. Well, except maybe three. Anyways, I want to allow connection to only one WiFi, which is my WiFi. How do I do this? This is to prevent users from connecting to their Hotspots and stealing my data. Thank you. *Smile...