Windows 10: Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004

Discus and support Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I heard some people had their mouse and keyboard no longer functioning when they downgraded to an older version is this true?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by King Rocks, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004

I heard some people had their mouse and keyboard no longer functioning when they downgraded to an older version is this true?

:)

King Rocks, Aug 16, 2022

2. Bought a laptop with came with Windows 10. If I want to downgrade to windows 8...

My acer laptop came bundled with windows 10 out of the box.

Problem is i need to run a software which currently only supports windows 8

Is it possible to 'downgrade' to windows 8 without having to purchase a window 8 key?

CandiceCherng, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Scrizz Win User

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004

1. Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004 - Similar Threads - possible downgrade laptop

2. Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004: I heard some people had their mouse and keyboard no longer functioning when they downgraded to an older version is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-to-windows-81-if-my/94bb34b3-d57b-4f39-9c79-38c6fd09c831
  3. Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004: I heard some people had their mouse and keyboard no longer functioning when they downgraded to an older version is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-to-windows-81-if-my/94bb34b3-d57b-4f39-9c79-38c6fd09c831
  4. Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10: Earlier i attempted to uninstall mcafee and update my graphics drivers and when i reset my laptop it bricked it and just kept giving me "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" no matter what i did, so as a last resort i created a recovery drive on my old lenovo, that solved the problem of my...
  5. Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10: Earlier i attempted to uninstall mcafee and update my graphics drivers and when i reset my laptop it bricked it and just kept giving me "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" no matter what i did, so as a last resort i created a recovery drive on my old lenovo, that solved the problem of my...
  6. Downgrading to windows 8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downgrading to windows 8: I'm considering downgrading to win 8 because I had enough of win 10 updates. I'm sick and tired of it messing up my work. I'm a structural engineering student who has lots of projects, online lectures etc. I tried disabling updates guides and nothing works. I literally set...
  7. Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8

Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8: Hi, I have a dell xps L322X laptop which came with windows 8. The laptop is too slow now even with SSD installed. Below the laptop is a metal flap saying windows 8 but with no windows key like older laptops. It has a serial number of the hardware. The laptop is now windows x...
  8. downgrading to Windows 8

downgrading to Windows 8: I want to downgrade my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 8 which was installed on my PC before. But I upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago and cannot roll back easily. I found out that I have to restore the computer to the original state. I pressed Troubleshoot and then Reset...
  9. downgrading to windows 8

downgrading to windows 8: I want to downgrade to windows 8 from windows 10. Ive never had windows 8. I recently bought windows 10 for 180 dollars. and windows 10 is such a pain with the automatic screen resolution changes. I bought a new gaming monitor. whenever I restart my computer or come out of...
  10. Downgrade a new HP laptop from windows 10 to Windows 8 - Possible?

Downgrade a new HP laptop from windows 10 to Windows 8 - Possible?: Good morning, I was not sure where to post this thread, so if I've broken any rules, please forgive. We purchased an HP laptop about a month ago and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 - not the Pro version, I guess it is Home version. We HATE Windows 10! We tried but...