Windows 10: Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

Discus and support Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a computer that has Windows 10 Pro that I want to donate to a charitable foundation that houses and educates at-risk teenagers. The Director... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Capt. Dinosaur, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

I have a computer that has Windows 10 Pro that I want to donate to a charitable foundation that houses and educates at-risk teenagers. The Director does not want the students to have access to the Pro version of Windows 10; all his existing computers have the Home version installed. I'd like to know if there's any way to downgrade mine from the Pro version to the Home version.

:)

Capt. Dinosaur, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

Ah, I see where your problem comes from. One step before that, choose 'Create installation media for another PC'. It will offer by default to create media in the version appropriate to your PC. Run the install from that media and you will be offered the choice of Home or Pro.

Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition? [​IMG]

4. R9
    r9 Win User

Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

How to downgrade Win7 pro to WinXP

I have bought Windows 7 pro edition which is downgradable. The question is how to downgrade ?
    After the downgrade what is going to be the s/n of the XP is it going to be the same S/N of the Windows 7 pro that I have downgraded ?
    And is it possible to install Windows XP with the Windows 7 pro serial number ?
    And if I want to end up with XP downgrade is it the only way ?

Thema:

Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

1. Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition? - Similar Threads - possible downgrade Pro

2. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  3. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition: I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the...
  6. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  7. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  8. downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home is it possible

downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home is it possible: uninstall windows 10 pro and install windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-to-windows-10-home/13f2bf08-a27e-4017-a5fe-0223c036b420
  9. How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition: So my Laptop came with the home edition and I decided to upgrade to pro and tried to activate windows, but it said my key was invalid, so now I want to go back to home edition. I tried clean installing by using the media cleaner tool but it keeps reverting back to pro. Please...
  10. Win10 Downgraded Win8.1 Pro To Home Edition

Win10 Downgraded Win8.1 Pro To Home Edition: I was finally able to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10... All went perfectly until Windows told me it was not activated, which went smoothly... After rebooting Windows 10 again said it was not activated... I checked and even tried to reactivate it but not only would...