Windows 10: Is it possible to download Windows 10 Feature updates only for an organization?

Discus and support Is it possible to download Windows 10 Feature updates only for an organization? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, My client has tasked me with getting Windows 10 Feature updates downloaded to all windows 10 machines. We are not looking for quality updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taurus74(1), Dec 4, 2019.

1. Is it possible to download Windows 10 Feature updates only for an organization?

hello,

My client has tasked me with getting Windows 10 Feature updates downloaded to all windows 10 machines. We are not looking for quality updates, just the Semi-Annual Channel updates when they come out.

We do not necessarily need to use Group Policy to accomplish this. What we want is to control how and when the installation takes place so to sum up, here is what we are looking to accomplish:

1. Feature updates get downloaded to each pc

2. We can set the schedule on the pc to install after hours on a time we specify. This can be done via group policy or manually at each machine

3. Currently, we have "automatic downloads of windows updates" set to disabled in the Group Policy but we are wondering if we set that policy to disabled, will updates start to come down and install automatically? i think we will need to turn this policy off regardless of whether or not we do it manually or through Group Policy. Again, we don't want monthly quality updates installed.

4. we want the update to download only and let us choose when to install it

I've been thinking we can implement Windows Update for Business but wanted a second opinion

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-configure-wufb

your help is appreciated

:)

Taurus74(1), Dec 4, 2019
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 4, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Dec 4, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Is it possible to download Windows 10 Feature updates only for an organization?

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to download Windows 10 Feature updates only for an organization?

1. Is it possible to download Windows 10 Feature updates only for an organization? - Similar Threads - possible download Feature

2. Is is possible to skip an update Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is is possible to skip an update Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2: Windows 10 version 22H2 makes the wheel on my mouse stop working. I tried updating drivers through Device Manager, and all drivers are up to date. Rolling back this specific update makes the mouse wheel work again. There have been no further software changes.Is there a way to...
  3. Is is possible to skip an update Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is is possible to skip an update Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2: Windows 10 version 22H2 makes the wheel on my mouse stop working. I tried updating drivers through Device Manager, and all drivers are up to date. Rolling back this specific update makes the mouse wheel work again. There have been no further software changes.Is there a way to...
  4. Is is possible to skip an update Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible Feature: Hi guys, I'm wondering if adding a new-feature that is kind of like "safe-mode" might help society.Basically I'm wondering how to boot the computer so only the fans run.. kind of like a "cool-boot" or something.Anyway have a nice day, keep up the good work!...
  6. Download Windows 10 1909 Feature Update

Download Windows 10 1909 Feature Update: Hello, I need to install Windows 10 1909 feature update on 25 unmanaged computers. Is there a way to download it once so I can save it to a USB and install on all the computers manually? They have a slow link and if I have to download it 25 times on each computer it will...
  7. Feature update of windows 10 is not downloading 1909

Feature update of windows 10 is not downloading 1909: Sir please help I need your help my window are running on 1808 and I wanted to update windows to latest version but the version is not downloading I percent also it has stop on 0 percent and and I am facing problem like it is giving instruction like could not complete...
  8. Is it possible to download files for only one user with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to download files for only one user with Windows 10?: ? Kann man bei Windows 10 Dateien für nur einen Benutzer herunterladen?
  9. download error in feature update of window 10

download error in feature update of window 10: see the screenshot below how to resolve this??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-error-in-feature-update-of-window-10/d150d7dd-d408-424b-9ec2-aeae6c2d213c
  10. Windows 10 1809 Feature Update Download

Windows 10 1809 Feature Update Download: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition on my laptop. Today I saw the feature update to Windows 10 1809 available for my laptop. But my internet access is through a mobile connection (LTE) and can use only 2 GB per day. I believe that these major updates are...