Windows 10: Is it possible to enable auto login on an unactivated instance of Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it possible to enable auto login on an unactivated instance of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I've tried the "Win + R" shortcut method and "netplwiz" (ran as admin). I don't have the "Users must enter a username and password to use this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Royaourt, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Is it possible to enable auto login on an unactivated instance of Windows 10?

Hi.

I've tried the "Win + R" shortcut method and "netplwiz" (ran as admin). I don't have the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" checkbox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Royaourt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Royaourt, Mar 7, 2021
  2. dlross Win User

how to enable auto login in ChrEdge

I'm using the Chrome version of Edge in Win 10 1909. I do NOT login to a Microsoft account and will not sync passwords to online accounts.

In Edge I have "save passwords" and "auto login" turned on, When I manually enter username and password fields, the browser offers to save them (unfortunately only when a password field is present which complicates two screen logins). I save the username (manually entered into the save window) and password.

When I revisit the site to login, no auto login sequence executes. I'm presented with the normal login window(s) for the site and have to manually enter the UID and Passwords.

Must be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. Searches haven't helped. Any suggestions? Thanks

dlross, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Is it possible to enable auto login on an unactivated instance of Windows 10?

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to enable auto login on an unactivated instance of Windows 10?

1. Is it possible to enable auto login on an unactivated instance of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - possible enable auto

2. Unactivated Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unactivated Windows 10: Hi team,I just installed windows 10 through a DVD but I don't have the key product, and I don't think I will ever buy it considering the price.My question is, will there be any limitation on gaming, would it affect performance or cause any troubles when gaming.PS: I only use...
  3. Unactivated Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unactivated Windows 10: Hi team,I just installed windows 10 through a DVD but I don't have the key product, and I don't think I will ever buy it considering the price.My question is, will there be any limitation on gaming, would it affect performance or cause any troubles when gaming.PS: I only use...
  4. Unactivated Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unactivated windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unactivated windows 10: If i install windows 10 and after some days use , if i don't buy a lisence key for it , then will my windows 10 stops work. I don't have interest for activating in wrong way , can i use it for free completly. Some friends tell me that it will only show "Activate windows...
  6. Window 10 Auto Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Auto Login: I just purchased an HP Windows 10 laptop. I cannot disable the auto password login. I searched the internet and I know what needs to be done. The problem is that I do not have an option to uncheck"User Name and Passwords under "User Account" I called a tech support...
  7. Windows 10 unactivated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 unactivated: I am on a custom pc website and I can get windows 10 installed unactivated? What does that mean submitted by /u/muffindoom3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8nfzi/windows_10_unactivated/
  8. how to enable auto login in ChrEdge

in Browsers and Email
    how to enable auto login in ChrEdge: I'm using the Chrome version of Edge in Win 10 1909. I do NOT login to a Microsoft account and will not sync passwords to online accounts. In Edge I have "save passwords" and "auto login" turned on, When I manually enter username and password fields, the browser offers to...
  9. Enabling auto sign-in in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling auto sign-in in Windows 10?: Hello. Can someone please help with this? It's driving me crazy. I want to disable the security sign-in to my computer. I did the steps outlined in this article: https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/skip-windows-10-login-screen/ and I did them three times. I still get asked for...
  10. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...