Windows 10: Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home?

Discus and support Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; we have a lot of windows 10 home editions in our organization, so we planned to enable device encryption in the windows home machines. is it possible... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by apptivomadurai, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home?

we have a lot of windows 10 home editions in our organization, so we planned to enable device encryption in the windows home machines.

is it possible to enable or not?

if it is possible, kindly share the steps to enable the device encryption.

or

Please suggest any third-party software available for disk encryption.

:)

apptivomadurai, Mar 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

Recently I looked into enabling "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on Windows 10 Pro. After enabling it, I discovered that "Device Encryption" under Settings -> Update and Security -> Device Encryption was already enabled. This is a new Lenovo laptop from 12/2020,
    bought from Lenovo with Windows 10 installed. I never enabled Device Encryption, so I'm guessing it was enabled by default. Does it matter if both "Device Encryption" AND "BitLocker Drive Protection" are BOTH enabled? Should I disable one of them?

AndyBusch1, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 mobile device encryption

Hello Charles,

You will be unable to change the activation waiting time on the Windows 10 Mobile once you enabled the device encryption. We suggest that you report your concern on the Feedback Hub to let our relevant team know about this. You can follow the steps below
    on how to send a feedback:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub
      app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Problem or Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then submit it.

Don't hesitate to ask the community if you need more help.

Michael Rey, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home?

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home?

1. Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home? - Similar Threads - possible enable device

2. Windows 11 - Enable Device Encryption for Home version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Enable Device Encryption for Home version: I have a Windows 11 Home edition not running on laptop and I need to have my Hard-Drive encrypted.The issue is that BitLocker is only available for Win Professional edition. I've found our the Device Encryption feature under all Windows editions but I cannot enable it it...
  3. Windows 11 - Enable Device Encryption for Home version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Enable Device Encryption for Home version: I have a Windows 11 Home edition not running on laptop and I need to have my Hard-Drive encrypted.The issue is that BitLocker is only available for Win Professional edition. I've found our the Device Encryption feature under all Windows editions but I cannot enable it it...
  4. Device Encryption on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device Encryption on Windows 10 Home: I own a copy of Windows 10 home and I’d like to encrypt my usb drive to keep my files and folders safe from anyone looking. I saw Bitlocker as an option but sadly it isn’t available on my version of windows. Any free suggestions?...
  5. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?: Recently I looked into enabling "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on Windows 10 Pro. After enabling it, I discovered that "Device Encryption" under Settings -> Update and Security -> Device Encryption was already enabled. This is a new Lenovo laptop from 12/2020, bought from...
  6. Can't enable device encryption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable device encryption: Hi everyone, I'm trying to set up device encryption on my laptop with Windows 10 Home. I've checked and I have TPM 2.0 but when I look under system information I get: "Reason for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not...
  7. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I recently read a question about this from someone who has the same Dell Inspiron 15 as me, and it seems their Windows 10 Home DID have the encryption option - mine doesn't, not does it have BitLocker. How can I encrypt my laptop?...
  8. Windows Home -Device encryption

Windows Home -Device encryption: Hello,I would like to turn on Device encryption on my Laptop with TPM 2.0 chip,but I do not have this option in "Update and Security" In system info,Device Encryption Support shows "Elevation Required to View,instead Meets prerequisites...Where is problem ? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Was device encryption automatically enabled for Windows 10 Home in late 2016?

Was device encryption automatically enabled for Windows 10 Home in late 2016?: I had my personal laptop HP OMEN 17-w151nr, purchased November 2016 stolen last fall September 2019. It's OS was Windows 10 Home. I had personally sensitive data on the laptop, and had never manually enabled encryption on the laptop's SSD. I only recently learned one can...
  10. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I wanted to use device encryption on my Windows 10 Home PC. 64bit. But it won't let me. When I got into System Information in the row Device Encryption Support slot it tell me: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption : Hardware security test interface failed and...