Windows 10: Is it possible to enable the hidden guest account, if you don't know the password of the...

Discus and support Is it possible to enable the hidden guest account, if you don't know the password of the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; . submitted by /u/xxxxxxxxxlll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/oibiyj/is_it_possible_to_enable_the_hidden_guest_account/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xxxxxxxxxlll, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Is it possible to enable the hidden guest account, if you don't know the password of the...

/u/xxxxxxxxxlll, Jul 11, 2021
  2. KIM
    kim Win User

How to log in to the guest account?

Hi Elizabeth! There is a local group policy named "Deny log on locally" which prevents the guest login in Windows 10. You can check out this article for detailed steps to enable the guest account: How to Enable the Hidden Guest Account in Windows 10 | Password Recovery

3. Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Is it possible to enable the hidden guest account, if you don't know the password of the...

If I enable the Hidden Admin Account in Win10 might I be able to regain access to my Win8 Guest account?

When I upgraded to Windows 10, my Guest account disappeared.

Thanks your fine help in this community, I was able to use a command prompt and I can now see the Guest account as an option to log into on the Home screen, but it does not appear in the list of users whose accounts I can reset the password for in my admin
    account.

In Win8, the Guest account was never password protected but in Win10, it demands a password and I have no idea what it might be.

I wonder if the hidden Admin account in Win 10 would have the formerly hidden Guest account in its list. I worry if I activate the hidden Admin account, it will also want a password I do not know.

I worry the only solution is to uninstall Win 10, but I can't be the only person who is having this problem, I am sure there is a fix that I just haven't found yet.

Thank you in advance.

GertieGirl01, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to enable the hidden guest account, if you don't know the password of the...

1. Is it possible to enable the hidden guest account, if you don't know the password of the... - Similar Threads - possible enable hidden

2. How to log into a computer with a password you don't know?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log into a computer with a password you don't know?: Hello, my boyfriend passed away in March and I've been trying to gain access to him computer. I don't know any of the information. His computer is 10x better than mine and would love to use it, he has games I wanna try and things. How can I gain access when I can't get any of...
  3. How to log into a computer with a password you don't know?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to log into a computer with a password you don't know?: Hello, my boyfriend passed away in March and I've been trying to gain access to him computer. I don't know any of the information. His computer is 10x better than mine and would love to use it, he has games I wanna try and things. How can I gain access when I can't get any of...
  4. changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...

changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...: so i'm the only user using the computer and with netplwiz i accidently changed my account type to "guest" my account was administrator before now its changed to guest and i dunno how to change it backi can't run some applications anymore example: VB-audio when i try to open...
  5. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't Know Local Account Password: So, i bought my laptop in 2017 and i'm a forgetful person, Long story short, i want to organize my saved password on chrome. Sadly, it required windows password, which made me quite perplexed. i didn't remember setting password or i already forgot about that. So i want to log...
  6. Don't Know Local Account Password

Don't Know Local Account Password: So, i bought my laptop in 2017 and i'm a forgetful person, Long story short, i want to organize my saved password on chrome. Sadly, it required windows password, which made me quite perplexed. i didn't remember setting password or i already forgot about that. So i want to log...
  7. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Don't know administator account, username, or password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't know administator account, username, or password: Hello, I'm having some trouble with a laptop regarding administrator access. I'm using an HP ProBook 440 G7 running Windows 10 Pro. For context, I was given this laptop for work and it was previously used and potentially set up by another coworker who has since left. I'm...
  9. Possible to have "Sign In" button for Guest user with no password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Possible to have "Sign In" button for Guest user with no password?: Hello, I currently in the process of preparing the computer lab MDT task sequence/image for a K-8 school. Since most of the children using these machines are quite young, we do not currently give each of them Windows AD logins and each computer is setup to automatically...
  10. Is it possible to create a hidden account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to create a hidden account?: Hello friends of the forum. I need to create an admin account in our home computer, but it needs to be a hidden account. Is it possible? I have access to everything in the computer, and I also had replaced the utilman.exe with the command line, to use it on the system...