Windows 10: Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?

Discus and support Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs in Windows 10 ? Many thanks in advance Kann man Ordner ohne externe Programme verschlüsseln? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kenkaneki18, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?

Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs in Windows 10 ?

Many thanks in advance

:)

kenkaneki18, Jun 6, 2020

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Can't encrypt or password protect folders?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Are you logging-in using Administrator User account?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular folder or persist in all the folders?

Encrypting File System (EFS) is a feature of Windows that you can use to store information on your hard disk in an encrypted format. Encryption is the strongest protection that Windows provides to help you keep your information secure. I suggest you to try
    log-in through other Administrator account and perform the below given steps to encrypt the folder and check if it works:

How to encrypt a file

• Right-click (or tap and hold) a file or folder and select Properties.
    • Select the Advanced... button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box.
    • Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select
      Apply, and then select OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?

Can't Encrypting Folder

Hi Jeanette,

The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders on NTFS drives to protect them from unwanted access. This is the strongest protection that is available in Windows to help you
    keep your individual files and folders secure. Here are the steps on how you can encrypt files and folders in Windows 10:

• Right-click the folder or file you want to encrypt, and then click Properties.
    • In the General tab, click on the Advanced button.
    • Check the Encrypt contents to secure data box, and click on OK.
    • Click OK and close Properties window.
    • Apply changes to the folder, subfolders and files when prompted. If it is a file, select to either Encrypt the file and its parent folder or Encrypt the file only for what you want, and click
      on OK.

Tip: The first time you encrypt a folder or file, an encryption certificate is automatically created. You should backup your encryption certificate. If you lose access to your encrypted files
    and folders, you will not be able to open them again unless you first restore the file encryption key for them.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?

1. Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs? - Similar Threads - possible encrypt folders

2. External USB HDD drive bitlocker encrypted without a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB HDD drive bitlocker encrypted without a key: Summary. I cannot access my external USB disk drive that has been encrypted by bitlocker.Backround. I am using a MS Surface Pro 6. Originally it was running Win10 Home. For years, I have been using an external USB disk drive to backup important photos and documents. Recently,...
  3. External USB HDD drive bitlocker encrypted without a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB HDD drive bitlocker encrypted without a key: Summary. I cannot access my external USB disk drive that has been encrypted by bitlocker.Backround. I am using a MS Surface Pro 6. Originally it was running Win10 Home. For years, I have been using an external USB disk drive to backup important photos and documents. Recently,...
  4. Folder Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Encryption: Hello,I HAVE administrator rights on my account, but the option to "encrypt contents to secure data" is greyed out. I have gone through the steps in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to enable encryption. It still will not let me encrypt a folder. Why not? All other forums about this issue...
  5. Folder Encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Encryption: Hello,I HAVE administrator rights on my account, but the option to "encrypt contents to secure data" is greyed out. I have gone through the steps in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to enable encryption. It still will not let me encrypt a folder. Why not? All other forums about this issue...
  6. Folder Encryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Encryption: Hi, I tried to encrypt a folder to lock it but under the Compress or Encrypt attributes tab the Encrypt Contents to secure data tab is grayed out and I can't click it. Please help-Thanks...
  7. Encrypted folder for external drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypted folder for external drives: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 I require an encrypted folder on my external seagate hard drive of 1.5TB. I want to have an encrypted partition of 80-90 GB on it. I experimented with veracrypt on my 8GB sandisk USB flash drive just to understand...
  8. Is it possible group by type in a folder without showing number?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible group by type in a folder without showing number?: Hi,I wanted to know if it is possible to use group by type in a folder but without showing the number on the right? [ATTACH] Thanks in advance, Ricardo 138527
  9. External Encrypted devices

in Windows 10 Support
    External Encrypted devices: Hi, Is it possible to have/set up an external encrypted hard drive (USB) on Windows that can be used on other machines where I don not have Administrative access (to install any thing). I think it would need an pure portable implementation of that encryption host. Or is...
  10. Folder Encryption.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Encryption.: Hello Microsoft Community, I want to encrypt a folder on my computer, but i am finding it impossible to do so. I first went to the folder, and selected, Properties/General/Advanced, but the option to encrypt the folder was grayed out. I then looked on the internet for a...