Windows 10: Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and am trying to export my contact 'Groups' to the new device. I can find information on how to export... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ian 1970, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Ian 1970 Win User

Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

I recently purchased a new laptop, and am trying to export my contact 'Groups' to the new device.

I can find information on how to export 'Contacts' from Outlook 2007 into Windows 10 mail, but I have a number of 'Groups' set up, and they don't export when creating a .CSV file.

Any help much appreciated

Ian

:)

Ian 1970, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Can I transfer Email Contacts from Outlook 2007 to W-10 Default Email

Dealing with different E-Mail clients [installed] and online/Webmail has become one of the most frustrating issues of the last few years.

Outlook Express was discontinued, last came with Windows XP. Windows Vista had Mail and Windows 7 had no built-in E-Mail Client. With Outlook Express the contacts were in the Windows Address Book and the file name was some_name.wab, whatever the user set the E-Mail up as. Outlook Express did not use the 2003 and 2007 version titles, that was with Microsoft Outlook, part of Microsoft Office which used different storage techniques. Generally both types could Export contacts as .csv files which could be used in other programs or even as a spreadsheet in such a program as Excel, QuattroPro, etc. Win7 and newer have a Contacts listing in C:\Users\user-name that also can be exported.

Berton, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Windows Live Mail export to Windows 10 mail app

Hi Greg,

Windows Mail app has limited feature to have the have the contacts, emails and folders in Windows Live Mail to be exported. With regard to this, we recommend that you export your Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and data instead to Outlook. You can check
    this article: Export Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and calendar data to Outlook
    for steps on how to transfer your contacts and all your folders.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you submit this query as a suggestion. Provide feedback in Mail app for Windows 10, kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Clark Ari, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - possible export Contact'

2. how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app: for some reason, the outlook 365 does not show all of my contacts but with Microsoft support agent, I was able to find my contacts in the Windows 10 mail app I have hotmail account. Now how do I export my contacts in windows 10 mail app so I can use in gmail?...
  3. Outlook (group) contact vs. iOS contact/mail

Outlook (group) contact vs. iOS contact/mail: Outlook 365/current version iOS/Win10.0.19... Intent: Send a group email from the iPhone using iOS native email client. What I've done: 1. Created 'Test' group in desktop OL contacts containing 3 contacts/emails 2. Open contacts on the phone 3. Click Groups (default the...
  4. Import Outlook 2007 contacts into Windows 10 Contacts new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import Outlook 2007 contacts into Windows 10 Contacts new computer: I am configuring a new laptop for a client. This laptop will use Windows 10 mail. I exported the contacts from Outlook 2007 but seem to be unable to find how I can import them in either the Mail app contacts, or the Contacts app. I searched online, and found the suggestion to...
  5. Exporting contacts in Win 10 Mail

Exporting contacts in Win 10 Mail: why cant you just give us a clear and CONSISE MENU for doing necessary tasks. 30 years and you guys still haven't got it anywhere near RIGHT. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO SPEND HOURS TRYING, THT IS TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO EXPORT MY CONTACTS. WHEN WE WANT TO DELETE PERSONAL...
  6. Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: Hi, Up until now I have been using Windows Live Mail WLM to receive, send and store my emails. However, after changing my password for security reasons my Live Mail will no longer work. I have Outlook installed on my PC so I intend to start using that instead. However, I...
  7. Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail

Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail: I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail. (1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within an email, two or more options pop-up. One of them is correct and the other options are totally wrong - i.e. not any contacts...
  8. Group Contacts in Windows 10 mail

Group Contacts in Windows 10 mail: Hello, I can't work out how to send email to a group contact, I have to list each recipient one by one. This can't be right? What am I missing? Thanks in anticipation Anthony...
  9. Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10: I need to export my Outlook 2016 Address book to a .csv file. I have done this many, many times in the past but now after I run the export the resulting .csv file when opened with Excel is completely blank except to row 1 which contains the headings title, first name, middle...
  10. Import Contacts from iCloud or iPhone into Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import Contacts from iCloud or iPhone into Outlook 2007: Somewhere in the update/install process of Windows 10 (and re-installing Outlook 2007), I lost my contacts in my Outlook account. The contacts remain in my iCloud account and on my iPhone. Can someone please instruct me on how to import all the contacts back in to my desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export windows 10 mail contacts to outlook