Windows 10: Is it possible to export only active drivers from Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it possible to export only active drivers from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've created a library of unattended installs for Windows. On one of these, I have injected all the drivers from my various home computers. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hsehestedt, May 17, 2019.

1. Is it possible to export only active drivers from Windows 10?

I've created a library of unattended installs for Windows. On one of these, I have injected all the drivers from my various home computers. The problem is that the library of drivers is HUGE.

For example, when I use either DISM or PNPUTIL to export my drivers, I can easily end up with 10 to 15GB or even more of exported drivers for a single system, and that's for the very simple systems without any special hardware installed.

Other than going through each driver one by one and trying to make heads or tails of what the driver is for, does anyone know of a way to whittle these drivers down to just those that are actually used by the system they are being exported from?

An example of what I am doing:

Code: pnputil /export-driver * "D:\Exported Drivers"[/quote] Note that using DISM results in exactly the same results.

:)

hsehestedt, May 17, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 17, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Ahhzz Win User

Is it possible to export only active drivers from Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to export only active drivers from Windows 10?

1. Is it possible to export only active drivers from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - possible export active

2. Is it possible to print "åäö" characters from Generic \Text Only driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to print "åäö" characters from Generic \Text Only driver?: I am trying to print from Generic \ Text Only driver with "åäö" characters. The print is successful but the "åäö" characters are not visible, nor are they replaced by another character.Actual text: IntersöåähippingPrinted text: Intershipping...
  3. Is it possible to print "åäö" characters from Generic \Text Only driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to print "åäö" characters from Generic \Text Only driver?: I am trying to print from Generic \ Text Only driver with "åäö" characters. The print is successful but the "åäö" characters are not visible, nor are they replaced by another character.Actual text: IntersöåähippingPrinted text: Intershipping...
  4. Is it possible to print "åäö" characters from Generic \Text Only driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.: After building a new computer and installing W7 on it, I upgraded it to W10 but it doesn't accept the activation code.Can anyone tell me why?...
  6. Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?: After a year of working with fresh Windows, I suddenly got an update today for my Nvidia DCH driver. I did a small research and my guess is that Windows 10 updates DCH driver like a part of regular Windows Drivers Updates (setupapi.dev log file also contains a record about...
  7. Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and am trying to export my contact 'Groups' to the new device. I can find information on how to export 'Contacts' from Outlook 2007 into Windows 10 mail, but I have a number of 'Groups' set up, and they don't export when creating a...
  8. Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.: Hello.., In my Windows 10s laptop I cannot install application from outside, that means cannot install from USB, only from Windows store is available. I have searched for a solution , in that solutions it is saying there is an option (settings->Apps->Apps&features ) to...
  9. Local Account only possible in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account only possible in Windows 10?: hi everyone, the tech preview was forcing you to use Microsoft accounts to setup - can you use a local only login in win 10? if you are updating from a system 8 with local only account does that work? anyone been through it yet? 9345
  10. Export from Lumia.

in Windows 10 Support
    Export from Lumia.: Are the Phone and Message (text) log's able to be copied or moved from the MS Lumia 550 via USB and will a 'generic' micro USB cable be adequate. Thankyou. 86842