Windows 10: Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?

Discus and support Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall Windows, my question is if I have a virus on my PC and I install Windows from the windows media creation tool can the virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PureWall, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?

I am trying to reinstall Windows, my question is if I have a virus on my PC and I install Windows from the windows media creation tool can the virus theoretically get into the bootable usb too?

submitted by /u/PureWall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PureWall, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?

streetfighter 2, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?

1. Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB? - Similar Threads - possible virus bootable

2. Is it possible to make a bootable macOS USB in a Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make a bootable macOS USB in a Windows 11 PC?: My kid's Macbook Air was crashed and unable to boot into Mac after software update. He asked me to make a bootable USB to reinstall macOS on his machine. However, I only have a Windows 11 PC at hand. Need help to solve the problem....
  3. Is it possible to make a bootable macOS USB in a Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to make a bootable macOS USB in a Windows 11 PC?: My kid's Macbook Air was crashed and unable to boot into Mac after software update. He asked me to make a bootable USB to reinstall macOS on his machine. However, I only have a Windows 11 PC at hand. Need help to solve the problem....
  4. is possible to get keyboard virus infected?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is possible to get keyboard virus infected?: This is very weird to mention that Keyboard get infected but here is situation just today i faced I am using Dell G3 laptop past week my laptop keyboard "W" key psychically got damage so i started to use USB keyboard but today i face very weird problem where i type anything...
  5. clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?: i have the .iso ready. i just want to perform windows installation from 0, i dont want to upgrade current windows. i want a complete installation like a new machine without os. submitted by /u/alice_zero [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Bootable Usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Bootable Usb: Hi, Gooday Day! I have a concern regarding a hard drive used as a bootable usb for windows then the files got formatted is there a chance that I can recover those files and convert back the external hard drive into normal?...
  7. bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootable usb: windows 10 will not boot from recognizable usb, why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-usb/bfe29314-5442-42c5-886a-46d019fbb324
  8. USB Bootable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  9. Bootable windows contains virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bootable windows contains virus: There's some virus on my computer right know, and i like to reinstall my windows. Since i dont have any other computer to create bootable so it's safe to create bootable ISO from computer that contains virus ? I kinda scare that virus also injecting to my flash drive while i...
  10. Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?: Hello I updated a driver in Windows 10 last night and upon rebooting, my PC doesn't get past the Windows logo. Eventually a purple screen suggests something in wrong and it will "analyse". However no options work. Before I reinstall Windows, does anyone know if I...