Windows 10: Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut?

Discus and support Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. submitted by /u/VIRGILVANGOAT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzn47p/is_it_possible_to_get_the_default_microsoft/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VIRGILVANGOAT, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut?

/u/VIRGILVANGOAT, Mar 7, 2021

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Microsoft Weather App Forecast

Hi Holly,

To address this concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Weather on your computer to refresh the app and to get the latest update. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Search, type powershell, and open
      PowerShell
      as Administrator.
    • Enter the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    To reinstall it, just go to Store and search for Microsoft Weather.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut?

Favorites option issue in Microsoft Weather app.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to add
    Orlando Florida as favorites in Microsoft Weather app. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the PC, prior to this issue?
    • What is the Microsoft Weather app version installed on the PC?

Meanwhile we would suggest you to reset the app and then try adding Orlando Florida as favorites in Microsoft Weather app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for Weather app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch the app and check.

If the issue still persists, then refer the steps as suggested in this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut?

1. Is it possible to get the default Microsoft Weather app on the desktop as a shortcut? - Similar Threads - possible default Microsoft

2. Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?: So, I LOVE the idea of having different virtual desktops, but the idea is defeated when they all show the same shortcuts.I have a desktop for my business, my work, and my personal accounts sorry - I do use google personal, one drive for work, I have shortcuts to documents...
  3. Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific Shortcuts on Desktops - Is this possible?: So, I LOVE the idea of having different virtual desktops, but the idea is defeated when they all show the same shortcuts.I have a desktop for my business, my work, and my personal accounts sorry - I do use google personal, one drive for work, I have shortcuts to documents...
  4. Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop: I can't seem to find a way to add/copy files or anything on my desktop. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appsfilesshortcuts-on-desktop/d338707b-6d03-4f18-a946-c8752a813215
  5. Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop

Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop: I can't seem to find a way to add/copy files or anything on my desktop. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appsfilesshortcuts-on-desktop/d338707b-6d03-4f18-a946-c8752a813215
  6. Is it possible to change the icon of the weather app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the icon of the weather app?: The big orange circle with a little white cloud, the default windows 10 weather app. I can't find it anywhere on the C drive. Lil help? <3...
  7. Microsoft Weather App

Microsoft Weather App: I was using MS Weather app and clicked on Windows Color Settings. Is this an error or is it supposed to do this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-weather-app/63b9347a-a6e3-4d04-8778-79df8df1c28a
  8. Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app: Today I open MSN Weather app and it opened to a advertisement. The advertisement is for Microsoft News app for phone and the ad wants me to provide a phone number or email address. The fine print states that this consent to use my phone number or email is not necessary to use...
  9. Is it possible to show the Desktop like this by default???

Is it possible to show the Desktop like this by default???: Hello there, I just installed Win10 Pro x64 and started tweaking here and there, and I noticed that when I press the Desktop icon, by default Win10 shows it like this: [img] By default, Win10 shows it like a folder, and not like the Desktop on prior versions of...
  10. How to change the default location in the weather app?

How to change the default location in the weather app?: I accidentally set the wrong location as default in Weather, and can't see how to change it! Anyone? 5796