Windows 10: Is it possible to have a Browser with a set of different home pages?

Discus and support Is it possible to have a Browser with a set of different home pages? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For example : Could I have a browser that I designate for - Sports, that has 5 sport home pages devoted to my fav Sports Sites. IT, that has 5... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by midiman, Dec 22, 2017.

1. midiman Win User

Is it possible to have a Browser with a set of different home pages?

For example :

Could I have a browser that I designate for -

Sports, that has 5 sport home pages devoted to my fav Sports Sites.
    IT, that has 5 home pages devoted to my fav IT Sites.
    News, that has 5 home pages devoted to my fav New Sites.

I assume each instance of the same browser would have to be unique, for example : Say I had a icon for IE on my desktop called Sports, IT, and News. Then when I clicked on one IE would open and load the appropiate home pages.

The only other way I can think to do this is install a different make of browser for each scenario.
    Example
    Chrome for News
    Firevox for IT
    IE for Sports

The problem is that I have too many homepages that I need to open at once and IE only allows you 5.

Thanks

:)

midiman, Dec 22, 2017

2. Is it possible to set up a different start-up image every day on an automated basis?

Hi Michael,

Yes, it is possible to see different images on your lock screen without you having to set it up daily. This feature is called Windows spotlight. The images that will be displayed will be downloaded from Bing automatically. To enable this feature, kindly
    follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app.
    • Click Personalization, and then select Lock screen.
    • Under the Background section, select Windows spotlight.

Let us know how that turned out for you

Dennis Mop, Dec 22, 2017
  3. Is it possible to set up a different start-up image every day on an automated basis?

Is it possible to set up a different start-up image every day on an automated basis?

GMichaelMoore, Dec 22, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @midiman , welcome to tenforums! *Smile

IE allows me 8,
    Chrome, Firefox and Edge seems to be unlimited, so far, for me!

Edwin, Dec 22, 2017
  5. midiman Win User
    Hi Edwin,

Yes I might have to try the others because I can only do 8 with IE11.

Thanks

midiman, Dec 22, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    @midiman

If you're going to keep using IE, the easiest thing to do is to put folders of groups of Favorites on the Bookmarks Bar, then wheel-click the folders to open all in tabs:

Is it possible to have a Browser with a set of different home pages? [​IMG]

then press AltFileNew Session to open a new Window/Session and another folder in tabs:

With Chrome, you can save numerous pages as Home Startup pages,
    you can also create another user in Chrome with separate Startup pages.

Similarly in Firefox as well, although, running two separate FF profiles simultaneously doesn't work so well.
    If you want to add multiple Startup Pages to Firefox: in the add pages dialog, separate each URL with a space, upright slash and space
    Example:

Edwin, Dec 23, 2017
  7. midiman Win User
    Thanks Edwin.

I really appreciate your help.

I am going to try doing it in Edge and see if I can manage it that way as I don't want to learn too many ways of accomplishing the same thing with different products.

Thanks again for your help.

midiman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to have a Browser with a set of different home pages? - Similar Threads - possible Browser set

2. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  3. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  4. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. home page set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    home page set up: I used to have Google come up as my home page, not it's Window and my mail goes to Outlook, I'd like to go back to Google. How do I get home page changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-page-set-up/d3e78124-6fec-4f83-ba73-952761fc2abe
  6. Is it possible to have different cursor settings for different input peripherals?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to have different cursor settings for different input peripherals?: II started to play League of Legends and there seems to be general consensus that for better gaming "Enhance pointer precision" should be turned off, but I own a notebook and it's not comfortable at all to use my touchpad this way. Can I set my touchpad and my mouse to behave...
  7. My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?

in Browsers and Email
    My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?: Was surfing the web. Scanned a Zip file at VT, said it was OK. Downloaded it. Before extracting, scanned with Defender and MBAM, both said clean. Extracted & re-scanned again Defender & MBAM said clean. Opened a new browser to scan extracted folder on VT. UM.. the VT...
  8. Internet Home Page can't be set

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Home Page can't be set: Setting the Home page, doesn't work when I type in the URL, and the "use current" button is grayed out so I can't use current page that Edge is on.. 43612
  9. home page wont load to set home page

in Browsers and Email
    home page wont load to set home page: ok I need some help in this matter ive tried everything I'm using windows 10 edge I use bing and when I try to go to my home page via home button it does not take me there I have changed the path in settings to specific page with the url and it still wont take me there if I...
  10. Change " edge" to different home page

in Browsers and Email
    Change " edge" to different home page: Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried >>> Microsoft Edge Startup Page - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ................... and it goes back to this page...