Windows 10: Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW?

Discus and support Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It is a copy of the following question about Windows 7: Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW? - Windows 7 Help Forums In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anixx, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Anixx Win User

Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW?

It is a copy of the following question about Windows 7:

Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW? - Windows 7 Help Forums

In File Explorer the minimal icon size starting from which the name gets written at the right of the icon is 33 px. Yet the standard icon size since Win 3.x is 32 px. Thus many icons seem highly blurred. If to make the icon size 31px, the labels get written not below but at the right of them.

On the other hand, it is possible to make icons in the desktop as small as necessary with the labels remaining below. The desktop even has one of the standard sizes set to 32 px.

I wonder, is it possible somehow adjust this behavior so that the icons appeared at 32 px but with labels below in File Explorer's folders?

:)

Anixx, Sep 5, 2015

2. Is it possible to change the name of the user folder?

Hello Jake,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with changing the user name on Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

We would like to inform you that Microsoft Account will take the name associated with it. Whatever the name you give when you install Windows it will save the same name. Only Clean installation of Windows will change the username on username folder or create
    a Local account. Microsoft do not recommend registry change as it may cause serious issues on your system.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore
    the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Is it possible to change the name of the user folder?

So I had to reinstall windows 10 recently, I got my documents and games back when I had noticed that the name of the user folder had changed from PimpSlap (Back from when I had windows 7) to jake1 (most likely because jake1domo is my gmail.) I wanted to
    change it back to PimpSlap again but everything I found online is not helpful. I heard that you cant do much in the registry because it messes things up, but I did manage to change the computer so it recognized as PimpSlap now, but all of the folders are the
    same. Is there a easy way that I can change the user folder without having to make a new local account? Or am I stuck with jake1?

jake_nickels, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW?

1. Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW? - Similar Threads - possible icons 32px

2. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are showing with size and files have no names: Hi allOne day when I accessed my computer my icons were showing with their size as their name and some without the name. I have looked on here for support and didn't find any helpful replies to the one question that was the same. Along with this many of my files do not have...
  3. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are showing with size and files have no names: Hi allOne day when I accessed my computer my icons were showing with their size as their name and some without the name. I have looked on here for support and didn't find any helpful replies to the one question that was the same. Along with this many of my files do not have...
  4. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is patch name for below update error?

What is patch name for below update error?: Hi Team,Recently, we have received Windows update error "exception: -2145124298 Exception from HRESULT: 0x80240036".Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-patch-name-for-below-update-error/790087f5-bb96-4815-b22a-f393cb235a09
  6. shadow on type below icon

shadow on type below icon: how do I get the shadow on the text below icon off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-on-type-below-icon/5d400aa1-ba9e-4bc7-8742-699e96c2ae1e
  7. My icons have disappeared but the names haven't

My icons have disappeared but the names haven't: [IMG]I don't know why this is happening. I recently restarted my computer because it was slow and when I turned it on again, the icons disappeared. This is bothering me a lot and I couldn't find a solution. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  8. DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES IN WIN 10

DESKTOP ICONS HAVE NO NAMES IN WIN 10: I have had this occur twice in the last few days. After log-in, my desktop comes up with its normal appearance. Usual background photo, taskbar in usual configuration, and desktop icons in normal places. However, no names appear below each icon. If I right click one of them...
  9. File previews with large and very large icons are transparent with the name below. I have...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File previews with large and very large icons are transparent with the name below. I have...: File previews with large and very large icons are transparent with the name below.I have Windows 10 ver.1803. Files with large and very large icons are visible when you go through details, small icons and medium icons. Is there anyone who can help me solve this problem? Thank...
  10. Is it possible for a file to have no name?

Is it possible for a file to have no name?: I used Shotcut to transcode a video to mp4 and didn't specify a name and it seemed to work but I thought files needed names. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/StJW3mc.png 86802