Windows 10: Is it possible to have sleep settings apply only after a certain time?

Discus and support Is it possible to have sleep settings apply only after a certain time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i've had a few stabs at getting my pc to sleep automatically in a fashion that suits me. During the day I want it on perpetually. I want it to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, May 10, 2021.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Is it possible to have sleep settings apply only after a certain time?

So i've had a few stabs at getting my pc to sleep automatically in a fashion that suits me. During the day I want it on perpetually. I want it to sleep only after ive hit the sack. I accomplished this with a scheduled task. Then my wife threw a wrench in the whole thing. She stays up quite a bit later than I do. Every so often she wants to watch plex. I had hoped plex streaming would signify that the pc is not idle and wouldnt shut it down. Seems thats not the case. Idle as defined by the scheduled task system is either no keyboard inputs or cpu usage >50% or some such. Plex streaming checked neither box and it cut her off mid movie. Normally i'd just use the conventional windows sleep system as plex certainly flags a powercfg request and will keep it awake. Unfortunately if i set a 2 hour window, that would certainly trip, sometimes multiple times a day as on busy days im often away for a stretch. I dont want it to cut-off instances where I may be seeding, or need to access something remotely etc. So im here to inquire if anyone knows of a way I can have my cake and eat it too in this scenario Is it possible to have sleep settings apply only after a certain time? :p

:)

klepp0906, May 10, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 10, 2021
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 10, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Is it possible to have sleep settings apply only after a certain time? - Similar Threads - possible sleep settings

2. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  3. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  4. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bsod after a certain time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after a certain time.: Hello. So my problem is a random BSOD. This bsod occurs mostly when I'm gaming. As I noticed it occurs after about 1h-1.5h. Name of error is Critical Process Died. This bsod is causing my pc to reboot but when it boots up it only shows mobo logo and nothing happen for about...
  6. My computer won’t sleep after time set

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer won’t sleep after time set: My computer doesn’t go to sleep at the set time. I have checked all of the settings and nothing worked. However, my computer does go to sleep when I am signed out of my account. What causes this? submitted by /u/Laxfam [link] [comments]...
  7. Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?: Hello.My pc 10850 stock 4800mhz with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 50-60C on load ) 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ AORUS Z490 Pro Ax Rtx Gigabyte 3090 OC ( stock , max gpu temp 62C ) Seasonic TX-850W PRIME TITANIUM Using Windows 10 H20. Drivers updated. My question is that i have SET...
  8. What's preventing Windows 10 going into sleep after idling certain time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's preventing Windows 10 going into sleep after idling certain time?: Windows 10 Pro, 2004 build 19041.450 In version 1909, it could go into sleep after idling. Once upgraded, it could not. I suspected it was antivirus, removed it and it was able to go into sleep after idling again. Now it stopped working again. I can manually put it to...
  9. How do I have a time limit on a certain set of apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I have a time limit on a certain set of apps?: So my parents have a time limit on my computer so I can’t spend hours playing video games, but they can only figure out how to have the entire computer locked out after a while. Is there any way to lock out specific apps after using them for a collective amount of time?...
  10. High Contrast setting only on certain applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast setting only on certain applications: So by mistake, on the ease of access tab I clicked on the high contrast setting a number of times as my computer seemed to have sticky keys of some sort. Even after being turned off, some applications still retained the high contrast e.g. the background of Microsoft words and...