Windows 10: Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app?

Discus and support Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am just about to convert my main machine to Windows 10 from 7. In 7 I use the Outlook part of Office 2013. I have developed a method of keeping my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MacNala, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MacNala Win User

Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app?

I am just about to convert my main machine to Windows 10 from 7.
    In 7 I use the Outlook part of Office 2013.
    I have developed a method of keeping my mail in subfolders of the Inbox.

I have tried to create subfolders in the Inbox of the Mail app but cannot see how to.
    I hope someone can tell me if it is possible or whether I should examine alternative mail apps.
    Office 2013 runs quite happily in Win10 but I am not about to pay for Office 2016 or Office365 yet.

:)

MacNala, Nov 16, 2015
  2. pj98RX Win User

N97 Mail for Exchange doesn't download mail from other folders

If you have created a subfolder under Inbox, go to Inbox in your Mail for Exchange client, the subfolder should be visible there. If created under Inbox, the folder is not shown on the same level with Inbox and Sent.

pj98RX, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Julie269 Win User
    Outlook 2003 additional mailbox

I'm syncing my Windows Mobile 6 device with an Exchange 2003 server, which

has rules to move e-mail to some subfolders.

When new e-mails arrive in the Inbox, they appear as Unread messages on my

Today screen. However, if the e-mails are moved into subfolders by the rules,

then the Today screen doesn't show that I have any new messages. I can browse

the Inbox folders for them, but I have no way to know that they are there.

Why doesn't the Today screen unread mail counter include the Inbox

subfolders? Is there a setting that needs to be changed?

Julie269, Nov 16, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

See this thread here

robgr, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app? - Similar Threads - possible subfolders Inbox

2. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  3. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  4. Mail app : Subfolders with rules have to be checked manually to see the transfered mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app : Subfolders with rules have to be checked manually to see the transfered mails: Hello there,I'm using the Mail app, I've setup a bunch of rules on the webapp, because it's not possible to do that on the Mail app to transfer incoming mails to a specific folder, e.g. mail from Amazon goes to the Amazon folder.Issue is, in the Mail app, all these folders do...
  5. Mail app : Subfolders with rules have to be checked manually to see the transfered mails

Mail app : Subfolders with rules have to be checked manually to see the transfered mails: Hello there,I'm using the Mail app, I've setup a bunch of rules on the webapp, because it's not possible to do that on the Mail app to transfer incoming mails to a specific folder, e.g. mail from Amazon goes to the Amazon folder.Issue is, in the Mail app, all these folders do...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app inbox management

Windows 10 Mail app inbox management: This just started after the recent update. Focused inbox is working. Mail normally sent to other inbox is now going to junk along with what should be junk.****Original Title: Windows 10 mail version 16005.14326 sending other mail to junk.****...
  7. Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem: Windows 10 20H2 19042.662 (totally up to date) Outlook 2019 Version 2011 Build 13426.20308 (totally up to date) Inbox subfolder problem I created a subfolder under Inbox called NTS, to no objection from the system. It is moderately populated - as relevant emails arrive I drag...
  8. Changing default inbox in the mail app

Changing default inbox in the mail app: Whenever i open the mail app it shows the email that is in my inbox folder, but not all mails folder. Is there anyway to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-inbox-in-the-mail-app/40d950ab-adbc-4cc1-a867-5f11c6dae8bd
  9. Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox

Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox: Hey All, I have seen this in a number of threads but there have yet to be any adequate resolutions. I have the mail app on my desktop and it recently stopped including attachments. The paperclip is not visible and embedded images are not showing up. When I go to the same...
  10. Unified inbox in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Unified inbox in Mail?: I love Mail in Windows 10. It looks great and works very well, except for one big thing for me, which is that there's no unified inbox. I looked everywhere for it, but unless someone knows something that I don't, it seems like they skipped this on purpose. So, back to...