Windows 10: Is it possible to hide certain windows from Task View (Win+TAB)?

Discus and support Is it possible to hide certain windows from Task View (Win+TAB)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a few windows which are useless being in Task View (Win+TAB) in Windows 10, like Sticky Notes and a few other things, which just clutter the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jason404, Dec 12, 2019.

1. jason404 Win User

Is it possible to hide certain windows from Task View (Win+TAB)?

I have a few windows which are useless being in Task View (Win+TAB) in Windows 10, like Sticky Notes and a few other things, which just clutter the view.

I was wondering if it was possible to hide certain programs from this view, possibly by using a registry edit or something like that?

Thanks.

:)

jason404, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Adityar Win User

ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view?
    Is it possible to hide certain windows from Task View (Win+TAB)? [​IMG]

I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad?

Adityar, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Warren881 Win User

Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?

Warren881, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to hide certain windows from Task View (Win+TAB)? - Similar Threads - possible hide certain

2. hiding the taskbar from view

in Windows 10 Customization
    hiding the taskbar from view: how do you make the taskbar disappear from view when you are using the computer? It is taking up too much of my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-the-taskbar-from-view/c55bc8b3-ce16-4786-b1ed-56caad33a156
  3. Task view, hide files not used on the computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task view, hide files not used on the computer: Hi, on a computer of my secretary I can see all the file that I used on my pc (that is in LAN) or that I used on the NAS. How can hide these files? I don't want that she see my private documents (btw she cannot open those)....
  4. Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead: As it says in the title, I can't use the task view feature. Pressing the button on the taskbar or using Win+Tab only 'refreshes' the desktop. I have tried ending explorer.exe and running it again but the didn't seem to have any effect. So instead I have to use keyboard...
  5. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...
  6. My Task View " Win + Tab " in Win10 is so broken..

in Windows 10 Support
    My Task View " Win + Tab " in Win10 is so broken..: Hey, so in windows 10 there's a very useful feature called Virtual Desktops, it's like having multiple monitors, i don't like to have alot of windows on at the same time so i use 2 virtual desktops and sometimes 3, it used to work and it was all good until i installed the...
  7. Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation

Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation: So you can turn off the "sliding" animation when switching between Virtual desktops when unchecking "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" in the Performance Options; this prevents you from seeing any animations when you switch between virtual desktops. However,...
  8. ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view: how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view? [img] I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad? 106661
  9. How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default): Hello chaps, I love task view (the thing which happens when you Win-Tab). On previous versions of windows I used a 3rd party app to perform a similar function, but now that it is baked into windows I'd like to use the official method. The problem is that I have...
  10. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...