Windows 10: Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read

Discus and support Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got an ad on chrome that listed all my pc’s info as a way to scare me into getting a vpn. Stuff like my cpu, gpu, ram, etc. Is there any way for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ryein-ryeout, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read

I got an ad on chrome that listed all my pc’s info as a way to scare me into getting a vpn. Stuff like my cpu, gpu, ram, etc. Is there any way for me to prevent browsers from reading this info?

submitted by /u/ryein-ryeout
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ryein-ryeout, Jan 16, 2020
  2. w00tz Win User

Browser with spoofed user agent?

Hi, Does anybody know any -GOOD- mobile internet browser that can allow spoofing the user agent? I hate it when sites redirect to their mobile version based on the user agent of the web browser someone is using.

I know that Opera Mobile allows spoofing the user agent, but on many websites I am still being redirected to the mobile version.

I just want the full non-mobile version of the website, FFS.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

w00tz, Jan 16, 2020
  3. spoof email

I received an email supposedly from a contact indicating it was from Joe (not real name). On opening it, it was obvious it was a spoof. Needing to let Joe know about this I realised he wasn't in my "Mail" contacts list, but he was in my Thunderbird contacts
    list. I opened "Thunderbird" and informed him. Whilst I had Thunderbird open I decided to trace the ip route of the original email. That was when I found that Thunderbird had recognised it as a spoof and had sent it straight to my spam folder and had also
    removed the spoofed "from Joe" header in my inbox column, replacing it with the real sender. My questions are why can Thunderbird differentiate a spoof and Mail for windows can't. Was the
    "Fw: for all" in Mail spoofed from my email or Joe's as we are a group, and that is the usual header that only Joe uses?

Regards Rob

Rob Mcmahon, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read

1. Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read - Similar Threads - possible hide spoof

2. Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows: Hi Experts,Is it possible to read CPU and GPU sensors reading using PowerShell script or command line scripts. Like one show in HWInfo ?Attaching image for your reference.Thanks a lot, in advance....
  3. Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows: Hi Experts,Is it possible to read CPU and GPU sensors reading using PowerShell script or command line scripts. Like one show in HWInfo ?Attaching image for your reference.Thanks a lot, in advance....
  4. Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hwid Spoof

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hwid Spoof: Hi i used a hwid spoofer to get unbanned on fortnite but now i having extreme ping spikes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-spoof/0a70a11b-c19a-4110-9afe-172ce703a218
  6. Is it possible to hide folders on the PC Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to hide folders on the PC Windows 10?: Is it possible to hide the slso that amn can only access the folders with a numerical code or if so how? Kann man Ordner verbergen am PC Windows 10?
  7. Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?: So I found this question after plugging my Yeti mic into a different port and it registering as a Yeti Mic 2 thus messing up my configurations. This happened to other devices too since I was cleaning my case and removed all plugged in accessories. After reading that...
  8. spoof email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spoof email: I received an email supposedly from a contact indicating it was from Joe (not real name). On opening it, it was obvious it was a spoof. Needing to let Joe know about this I realised he wasn't in my "Mail" contacts list, but he was in my Thunderbird contacts list. I opened...
  9. Unable to Update to 1903 - Possible to Hide?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Update to 1903 - Possible to Hide?: I'm unable to update from 1803 to 1903 on Windows 10 x64... Is it possible to hide this annoying notification as I have little interest in installing it? Look at the screenshot: [ATTACH] You see that big area under Check for Updates? Tell me how to get rid of it/hide...
  10. Spoof-Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spoof-Mail: I have got an eMail I suspect as a spoof an would like to forward it to Microsoft, but do not find a mail-address for to send spoofs to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/spoof-mail/566ed105-6e64-4d77-9d84-6f32127e3f54"