Windows 10: Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?

Discus and support Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am wondering if there is any way to get the taskbar to hide only when a window is maximized. I have seen a couple solutions out there, but the few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/abroad-stateofmind, May 17, 2020.

1. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?

I am wondering if there is any way to get the taskbar to hide only when a window is maximized. I have seen a couple solutions out there, but the few that I saw did not work for multi-monitor setups (they hid all of my task bars on all screens when just one screen had a maximized window).

The solution that I have seen is StartTaskbar which only works for single monitor setups.

Does anyone know of a solution to get the task bar to hide when a window is maximized?

submitted by /u/abroad-stateofmind
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/abroad-stateofmind, May 17, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 17, 2020
  3. rFre416 Win User
    Taskbar hiding behind maximized window in Windows 10

Hello Carlo Fer,

I did not notice any updates before the problem occurred.

I have tried rebooting several times. I have checked the taskbar settings. I moved the taskbar to the top of the screen and then back to the bottom as someone suggested on the forum.

To be clear, I have the Taskbar set to Autohide.

It works as it should, i.e. hiding until the mouse hovers over the bottom of the screen, until the screensaver activates and I enter my password to dismiss it. Then, all windows are minimized even if I had one maximized when the screensaver activated.
    The behavior begins with the next screen I maximize. The Taskbar stays hidden behind the maximized screen. I can press Win-T and the taskbar will appear, but as soon as it hides, it will not reappear. If I toggle F11 to full screen and back to normal, then
    the taskbar starts behaving normally, i.e. hiding until the mouse hovers over the bottom of the screen.

I can duplicate the problem by putting the pc in sleep mode and then waking it up and signing in again. If I immediately maximize a screen and hover the mouse up and down over the bottom edge of the screen, the Taskbar will work for a few seconds, then
    it will disappear and not work until I toggle F11 or hit Win-T.

My Windows info:

Windows 10

Microsoft Windows

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112)

© 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Result from running DISM

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1

Image Version: 10.0.17134.112

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The result from system file checker also did not detect any problems.

Richard

rFre416, May 17, 2020
  4. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?

hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized?

1. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only when a window is maximized? - Similar Threads - possible hide taskbar

2. Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode: Windows 11 offer the option:Automatically hide the taskbarAfter selecting it, the taskbar automatically hide no matter whether at fullscreen mode.If deselecting it, the taskbar does not hide even at fullscreen mode.What I want:hide the taskbar when at fullscreen mode.show the...
  3. Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide taskbar when and only when at fullscreen mode: Windows 11 offer the option:Automatically hide the taskbarAfter selecting it, the taskbar automatically hide no matter whether at fullscreen mode.If deselecting it, the taskbar does not hide even at fullscreen mode.What I want:hide the taskbar when at fullscreen mode.show the...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar hides part of maximized windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar hides part of maximized windows: Using Windows 11 Home 21H2. When I have taskbar set to Always show, the applications maximize behind the taskbar, so the taskbar hides the windows below it. This is clearly a bug as Windows 10 and older versions always maximize windows to the available space above the taskbar...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar hides part of maximized windows

Windows 11 taskbar hides part of maximized windows: Using Windows 11 Home 21H2. When I have taskbar set to Always show, the applications maximize behind the taskbar, so the taskbar hides the windows below it. This is clearly a bug as Windows 10 and older versions always maximize windows to the available space above the taskbar...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar Hiding Underneath Maximized Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Hiding Underneath Maximized Windows: I set my taskbar to auto-hide and, very frequently, it hides underneath the open windows. I can not bring it back up by hovering my cursor below the screen. The only way I can bring it up is by pressing the Windows logo on my keyboard or minimizing the window, which is very...
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar Hiding Underneath Maximized Windows

Windows 11 Taskbar Hiding Underneath Maximized Windows: I set my taskbar to auto-hide and, very frequently, it hides underneath the open windows. I can not bring it back up by hovering my cursor below the screen. The only way I can bring it up is by pressing the Windows logo on my keyboard or minimizing the window, which is very...
  8. Is it possible to hide taskbar ONLY on desktop mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to hide taskbar ONLY on desktop mode?: Is it possible to hide taskbar ONLY on desktop mode? submitted by /u/jobama___ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdihxo/is_it_possible_to_hide_taskbar_only_on_desktop/
  9. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only on the desktop?

Is it possible to hide the taskbar only on the desktop?: title submitted by /u/Freegamefall [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7mwof/is_it_possible_to_hide_the_taskbar_only_on_the/
  10. Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused?

Is it possible to disable/hide the taskbar when certain window is focused?: I have a game which runs 4:3 windowed mode. But with a height of 1080 the taskbar is overlapping the window. Is there a way to make it automatically disappear when I have this specific window focused? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...