Windows 10: Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it

Discus and support Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had nothing but problems with my laptop since the 1803 windows updates, a power house of a machine has become a barely use-able piece of junk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ewok_Win, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Ewok_Win Win User

Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it

I have had nothing but problems with my laptop since the 1803 windows updates, a power house of a machine has become a barely use-able piece of junk.

DWM has massive GPU spikes doing anything... and yes all drivers and software are up to date, i have re-installed windows completely.

Version 1903 makes the problem about 100x worse. I do not expect this problem to be ever fixed by microsoft even though they have admitted to me twice now that the problem is windows 10 is currently incompatible with some hardware.

My only option at this stage having spent over 100+ hours trying to fix the issue is to try and install a version of the OS that didn't have the problem.

Hence the question, is it possible to download from somewhere windows 10 version 1709 and get it running on a machine with a higher version of windows.

Many thanks for any help.

:)

Ewok_Win, Jul 5, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 5, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it

Install failure of Windows 10 versions 1703 or 1709

Hi Janeane

Thank you for your reply.

I have seen this list of ASUS devices before and I agree my desktop is not listed.

I assume not being on this list doesn't rule out completely being able to run versions 1703 and 1709, I suspect it just means my desktop model hasn't been tested by ASUS, probably due to its age, now 4 years.

Is it possible to say why my machine is not compatible with Windows versions 1703 and 1709? Might it be possible to do something about it if I knew? I would really like some clues.

Currently, the way I see, it is that either have to buy a new device, that does support these versions and, if I'm lucky, future versions. Or, I stick with my current machine and version 1607.

This last option though is, currently, very annoying, because even though my device is, apparently, not compatible with version 1709, Microsoft keeps wanting to install it. I've tried suggested ways of stopping this but they are either not available or
    don't work. My method is, when I see the Windows 10 update assistant running I start task manager and end the task. I dare not let my device sleep for to long as eventually the update assistant will start and if I'm not quick the install will commence and
    I have to go through the double power cycle described in my original post.

Is there anything else you can suggest so that I'm no longer bothered by the update assistant?

DavidRussell2, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it

1. Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it - Similar Threads - possible install version

2. Hey so what do I do about this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey so what do I do about this?: My / key won't type the /. I had to go to a Google result page to copy it for this. HOWEVER, when I hold shift to type with it, it types a ? like it normally should.Mind you, I'm using a laptop and it doesn't have a numpad on it so that can't be the issue. Every other key on...
  3. Hey so what do I do about this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey so what do I do about this?: My / key won't type the /. I had to go to a Google result page to copy it for this. HOWEVER, when I hold shift to type with it, it types a ? like it normally should.Mind you, I'm using a laptop and it doesn't have a numpad on it so that can't be the issue. Every other key on...
  4. I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?

I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?: I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-searchhostexe-how-do-i-go/935b83fd-d782-43a6-8870-7b070fb26998
  5. How Do I change Version 1709 to The Last Verision in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I change Version 1709 to The Last Verision in Windows 10: My current version of windows 10 is 1709 will it change to 21h2 if I reinstall windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-version-1709-to-the-last-verision/a4f4093a-10fa-4411-960d-c598094000bd
  6. How Do I change Version 1709 to The Last Verision in Windows 10

How Do I change Version 1709 to The Last Verision in Windows 10: My current version of windows 10 is 1709 will it change to 21h2 if I reinstall windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-version-1709-to-the-last-verision/a4f4093a-10fa-4411-960d-c598094000bd
  7. How Do I change Version 1709 to The Last Verision in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I go back to a previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back to a previous version of Windows 10: After the latest Windows 10 update my audio across the board has been muffled and distorted, this includes video games, surfing the internet, and various applications I use for video editing like Davinci Resolve. The most common solution I've found on various forums is the...
  9. How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709?: I can't find an option to disable Taps on the touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709? I had no problems doing this with Version 1607. Can someone help me with this?...
  10. How do I go about installing and managing data?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I go about installing and managing data?: I have 2 hard disks. 1 old, one new. Both 7200 RPM. Both almost full, with 3 drives each. Now my current Windows installation is on the new one but I want to put it on the old but both hard disks are full of data. So how do I change this? 9101