Windows 10: Is it possible to install windows in my laptop from a portable windows usb stick?

Discus and support Is it possible to install windows in my laptop from a portable windows usb stick? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend has a portable windows 10 usb and uses it for everyday work. I am trying to switch from linux to windows. My question is can i install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fuckyou-gallowboob, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Is it possible to install windows in my laptop from a portable windows usb stick?

My friend has a portable windows 10 usb and uses it for everyday work. I am trying to switch from linux to windows. My question is can i install windows in my laptop using his windows portable usb stick so that he doesn't lose any of his data. I know making bootable usb to install windows but I don't have another Usb stick. Please help.

submitted by /u/fuckyou-gallowboob
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fuckyou-gallowboob, Jul 15, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 15, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Ravenas Win User

Is it possible to install windows in my laptop from a portable windows usb stick?

Is it possible to run Windows 7 from an USB stick?

If your purpose is to install Windows 7 on a USB stick and then swap that USB stick to another computer and run Windows 7 on multiple computers... well then the answer is no.

EDIT:

It actually is possible installing an OS on a USB and then moving it from computer to computer... This is done with a Virtual OS. However, I am assuming you are talking about a permanent install correct?

Ravenas, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to install windows in my laptop from a portable windows usb stick?

1. Is it possible to install windows in my laptop from a portable windows usb stick? - Similar Threads - possible install laptop

2. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  3. Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.: Hello,I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G1, I have format the SSD hard drive, but when I try to install windows 10 22H2 from Memory stick get the following message up on the screen.Can someone tell me how to fix this issue, please see photo attached.Thanks...
  4. Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.: Hello,I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G1, I have format the SSD hard drive, but when I try to install windows 10 22H2 from Memory stick get the following message up on the screen.Can someone tell me how to fix this issue, please see photo attached.Thanks...
  5. Is it possible to install windows on a portable ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to install windows on a portable ssd?: I was thinking about getting the samsung t5 or something to put windows on there. Is that possible or is the portable ssd just there to store files? Kann man auf einer portable ssd windows installieren?
  6. Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.: Hello. I have built a desktop computer, and I am trying to install windows 10 on an M2 disk. I still have my system disk from the previous desktop, but as that is an HDD, I want to get rid of it to reduce ambient noise from the computer. I have created a windows 10...
  7. backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick: I am in the middle of a horrible INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD, and the only good copies I seem to have of drivers I need are the ones from the windows usb installation flash drive. But the response to your command above is: ."Dism does not support servicing Windows PE with...
  8. Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit): I am currently running a x32 version of Windows 10 with a x64-based processor. I wan to launch a game which requires a 64-bit OS. The reason I'm asking this question here, is to make sure I can use a normal USB stick you can buy from a shop to install the installation media...
  9. Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick

Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick: Hi, I used the media creation tool to create the Windows 10 installation media onto a USB flash drive. I no longer need the installation media on the USB but I am unable to delete the files on the stick. I've tried to format the USB drive but it tells me that it is read...
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...