Windows 10: Is it possible to install Windows updates through USB?

Discus and support Is it possible to install Windows updates through USB? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a current activated Windows 10 Pro edition. I keep getting "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0x80242006" and nothing I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BearBaron, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Is it possible to install Windows updates through USB?

I have a current activated Windows 10 Pro edition. I keep getting "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0x80242006" and nothing I have found online and tried has been able to get me past this error. Am I able to just use a .iso on a USB and update that way?

submitted by /u/BearBaron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BearBaron, Oct 26, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 26, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Is it possible to install Windows updates through USB?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to install Windows updates through USB?

1. Is it possible to install Windows updates through USB? - Similar Threads - possible install updates

2. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem: Problem :1. I used Windows Installation Media to install Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive in my Dell XPS 13 Laptop.Link 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows102. I removed all partions, formated them.3. Started installating4. After it prompted that it...
  3. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem: Problem :1. I used Windows Installation Media to install Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive in my Dell XPS 13 Laptop.Link 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows102. I removed all partions, formated them.3. Started installating4. After it prompted that it...
  4. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing Windows 11 through Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 through Windows update: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows to Windows 11 through Windows update but after downloading the installing process finishes until 100% and there is nothing happen and return to the download and install page of Windows update. I have been attempted 5 times, but it's...
  6. Installing Windows Through USB

Installing Windows Through USB: Recently, my computer screen froze, so naturally I restarted it. When restarting it, it showed an error message and something involving system 32 being deleted or damaged. I've had this computer for years now so it does make sense for a problem like this to happen so this...
  7. Windows 10 bootloop, safe mode or booting through usb not possible

Windows 10 bootloop, safe mode or booting through usb not possible: I have Asus Zenbook UX330UAK UEFI and SSD, recently my Windows 10 has crashed and keeps going into bootloop, ive tried: 1. Booting through a bootable usb using the recovery media and a clean usb created using the microsoft usb tool, once it loads it just shows a black...
  8. Windows 10 bootloop, safe mode or booting through usb not possible

Windows 10 bootloop, safe mode or booting through usb not possible: Hi all, I have Asus Zenbook UX330UAK UEFI and SSD, recently my Windows 10 has crashed and keeps going into bootloop, ive tried: 1. Booting through a bootable usb using the recovery media and a clean usb created using the microsoft usb tool, once it loads it just shows a...
  9. Windows 10 install through USB media fails

Windows 10 install through USB media fails: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an old machine, currently running on Vista. I turned a USB key into an install media with the official media creation tool. Once I've setup the BIOS to boot on USB, the computer does boot on it: I can see a black screen with a...
  10. Issues with the installation of Windows 10 through USB

Issues with the installation of Windows 10 through USB: I have a Lenovo PC Where I want to install Windows 10 I have downloaded an ISO using media creation tool and make portable to a 32 GB pendrive by Rufus. But when i tried to install it then i got an error "The operating system couldnot be loaded because a critical driver is...