Windows 10: Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?

Discus and support Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example capping chrome to 25% ram usage and 10% CPU usage? Would be great if possible submitted by /u/pooperT100 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pooperT100, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?

For example capping chrome to 25% ram usage and 10% CPU usage? Would be great if possible

submitted by /u/pooperT100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pooperT100, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?

1. Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources? - Similar Threads - possible limit application

2. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?: I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have 2 different wan addresses....
  3. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?: I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have 2 different wan addresses....
  4. How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?: I've looked it up, and all I can find is either make a family group or something it's just me. or use a command to limit it to a specific time of day. I dont want to limit it to a specific time of day, and I cant make a family thing since its just me trying to self-regulate....
  5. How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?: I've looked it up, and all I can find is either make a family group or something it's just me. or use a command to limit it to a specific time of day. I dont want to limit it to a specific time of day, and I cant make a family thing since its just me trying to self-regulate....
  6. How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. It is possible to prevent a single application writing data to a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It is possible to prevent a single application writing data to a specific folder?: I have an application that writes temp files in %appdata%/Local/Temp. I wanted to know if there is a way, either using Windows 10 or a third-part solution, to prevent that application from doing it. The easiest way would be disabling writing on the entire Temp folder, but I...
  8. Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1: Hello, I want to ask how can I limit the amount of logged users on a domain-joined PC to 1. To be more specific, the PCs are locking after a certain time, but happens, that other user logs at it and then some of the programs aren't working, due to the first user still being...
  9. Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed?: Hi, Is there anyway to limit the amount of Virtual Desktops allowed in Windows 10 so far? I know that in Ubuntu which has had the Virtual Desktops feature enabled in it's OS for a very long time allows you to do so, mostly for lower end PC's which opening more Virtual...
  10. Is it possible to disable a device while a specific application runs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to disable a device while a specific application runs?: I have an IR receiver constantly attached to my computer. One program I use always registers it as a game controller, and stops me from using my actual game controllers in favor of it. Is it possible to automate disabling the IR receiver while the program runs, and...