Windows 10: Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?

Discus and support Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, what I would like to do is for example click on the image with left mouse click and use a context menu for two things. One is searching the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vulpes_macrotis, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?

So, what I would like to do is for example click on the image with left mouse click and use a context menu for two things.

One is searching the image on Google Image, so I can easily find similar images.

Second is pretty much the same thing, but instead, search the filename (of an image) and open specific page like "http://pagename.com/post/[filename]" (without extension).

So is this even possible? This would make my life extremely better.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

What i tried to do is to make cmd file, as someone on Google recommended, but somehow it doesn't work. I'm prolly disoriented in what calls what and maybe that's why it doesn't work. What i did what have worked was to open http://pagename.com/post/[filepath] in Opera. But I don't want to use whole path, it would be good for Google Search if I know how to make it works (sending the image through context menu). But when I just need the filename, I need to get rid of the path. Unfortunately I can't specify %~n1 in registry and it didn't work for me with cmd, as I said. Because I have to Open cmd, which should open a site through web browser. Not just send the name to the browser. I completely doesn't understand how this works and what should I write there.

This is exactly what I tried to do, but the cmd just closes itself and it doens't works at all.

My cmd has this:

echo on "(...)\Opera\launcher.exe" "http://pagename.com/post/%~n1"

While registry is either

"(path to my script)\name.cmd" "%1"

or

cmd.exe /c (path to my script)\name.cmd "%1"

Both doesn't work at all.

submitted by /u/Vulpes_macrotis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vulpes_macrotis, Jul 2, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Aug 5, 2020
  3. DSMcewen Win User
    Change Context Menu Default

I am running Windows 10 and have a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device connected to my network. From the file explorer when I select Network, the device icon shows up in the Storage category, other categories are Computer, Media Devices, Printers,
    and Scanners.

If I right-click the NAS device icon, I get a context menu where I can select Open to actually open the device and browse the device’s shared folders. On the list of context menu options, “View device webpage” is bold (the default double-click option
    for the device).

I want to the context menu to default (bold) the “Open” option instead of “View device webpage”, so when I double-click the device icon, I open it and view the shared folders, I don’t want the double-click default to view the device’s webpage.

Right now the only way I can “open” the device to view its shared folders is to right-click the device icon and select Open from the context menu. How can I make this change?

Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser? ecd1deb0-fd8c-45f9-b9ab-61b6c7f419a2.png

DSMcewen, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?

Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?

1. Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser? - Similar Threads - possible link context

2. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  3. Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?: Hi, on Windows 10 I'm using several browsers at the same time. When I open a link from my E-Mail Software, it will open it in the default browser. Can I somehow make Windows ask every time what browser my link should be opened with? submitted by /u/AlarakAkbar [link]...
  4. Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu: Hi, I want to share a 56 MB file with a friend using Onedrive. I add to 'shared favourites' on Onedrive and then right click, however the context menu simply has 'share' as an option which displays a dialogue where you can choose an email address and it will then send an...
  5. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  6. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  7. Links don't open in default browser

Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  8. Pinning files to links context menu

Pinning files to links context menu: If I right-click the Excel link in my windows start menu, the context menu displays several pinned excel files that I commonly use. I need to change the properties (file location) in one of these pinned links. I recall creating some desktop short cuts and then moving them to...
  9. White context menu? Possible?

White context menu? Possible?: Take a look at this clean white context menu: [img] How this is possible? Can i switch to it from my gray? [img] Does that possible? 64433
  10. Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?

in Browsers and Email
    Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?: I've been having one or two problems with Firefox lately, and to be honest Edge and IE 11, and may want to add Chrome.. What I need is a context menu addition for Desktop URL's that launches them into a choice of browser. At the moment I can only launch into (For the...