Windows 10: Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?

Discus and support Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a third party wallpaper changer that I like, but when I updated to Win 10 every change comes out as centered, with a boarder. No matter how many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sneaky55, Aug 2, 2015.

1. sneaky55 Win User

Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?

I have a third party wallpaper changer that I like, but when I updated to Win 10 every change comes out as centered, with a boarder. No matter how many times I change it to "fill" next changes to "centered". I have plated with the settings in the program but nothing helps. The program is Wallpaper Master. Please tell me if there is a way to set the fit in windows to default to fit instead of center. TIA! Pete

:)

sneaky55, Aug 2, 2015

2. Is it possible to disable the Lock Screen, or set it to longer than 5 minutes, using a 950XL with Continuum & Display Dock?

That's really great to hear @G.llex. Thanks very much for letting me (...and the rest of the Community) know about that.

I do have my own little update, in case it helps people before the update G.llex mentions, and it seems to have worked. I've not touched my phone, mouse or keyboard connected to the Display Dock for 25 minutes now and the external screen is still on and
    displaying things.

I found out that I was using the NoSleep app incorrectly.

What you need to do is connect the phone to the Display Dock and do something with it on the external monitor. (In my case I fired up the browser and logged into my companies Help Desk Portal Dashboard). Then on the phone only, you need to execute the NoSleep
    app. This then blanks the screen on the phone, hence the NoSleep app is the only app running on the phone in the foreground. You will know this because the screen goes totally blank. What this does is ensure the phone itself does not go to Lock Screen at all.

However, while the phone is in this state, you can do whatever you want with other apps etc. on the external display through the Display Dock.

So, this achieves exactly what I want! The signal is on, on the external monitor all the time and I can continue to work on other PC's with this constantly on, on another monitor on the wall next to me and keep track of the status of my companies Help Desk
    calls.

Hope that helps!

The Earl of Mowbray, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Is it possible to disable the Lock Screen, or set it to longer than 5 minutes, using a 950XL with Continuum & Display Dock?

Hi everyone, hopefully the subject title makes it clear what I'm asking, but to clarify... I'm using a 950XL with Continuum (...and really loving it!) however, the biggest issue for me is that when the phone locks and goes to the Lock Screen, the signal
    to the external monitor also locks up and ends.

I really want to have the external monitor connected and displaying the signal all the time and don't want it to lock up at all.

It's becoming a pain having to log back in all the time if I've not touched it for 5 minutes. What I really want to do is display the dashboards from our web based help desk portal, so that when I'm using another PC, I can still see them all the time on
    the monitor that my phone is connected to via the HD-500 Display Dock.

I've tried changing a load of settings, such as setting the Continuum app to always run in the background and trying to find a setting that will allow me to set the Lock Screen configuration to more than 5 minutes, but nothing seems to work and the Lock
    Screen setting has a maximum time of 5 minutes. I've even downloaded an app call NoSleep, that someone else on here suggested would solve this issue and which purports to enable this, but that doesn't seem to work either. (...in fact, it appears to be a complete
    waste of code!!!)

I've searched through a number of threads and have found a few similar suggestions but none of them seem to quite work either. So, can anyone tell me if this is possible to do this at all, either by a setting, an update or another app?

Thanks in advance (...and hope!)

The Earl of Mowbray, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Strahan Win User

Bump. I'm having the same problem. Anyone know if this is possible?

Strahan, Sep 19, 2015
  5. Yep, anyone have a fix for this annoying Windows screw up?

I set three different wallpapers to my three monitors... but when I turn one of the monitors off, the wallpapers change position on the remaining two screens.

Yeah, I l know it's naff Microsoft junk programming, but a fix to permanently glue the wallpapers would be nice.

teachermark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position? - Similar Threads - possible lock wallpaper

2. is it possible to change the position of the Windows Lock screen clock ? can I put it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to change the position of the Windows Lock screen clock ? can I put it on...: is it possible to change the position of the Windows Lock screen clock ? can I put it on the side like windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-the-position-of-the/7ca89f57-9058-425d-b0e9-5da9dcf9420e
  3. is it possible to change the position of the Windows Lock screen clock ? can I put it on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to change the position of the Windows Lock screen clock ? can I put it on...: is it possible to change the position of the Windows Lock screen clock ? can I put it on the side like windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-the-position-of-the/7ca89f57-9058-425d-b0e9-5da9dcf9420e
  4. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  5. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  6. Is it possible to make a screensaver a wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make a screensaver a wallpaper?: I want to make a screensaver a wallpaper, but it doesnt work. I have done [screensaver].scr /p65552 in CMD, but it doesnt work with screensavers that arent provided with windows 10, ive tried looking for tutorials on youtube / google but i dont find anything that works....
  7. Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry: Hi I've recently been given a Windows 10 machine and I've noticed the trick of setting the HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop registry entries for WallpaperOriginX and WallpaperOriginY no longer positions the wallpaper where I want it on the screen. Can anyone help? Thx...
  8. On Windows 10, is it Possible to Lock or Freeze the Position of the Taskbar Pinned Items?

On Windows 10, is it Possible to Lock or Freeze the Position of the Taskbar Pinned Items?: The order of my pinned icons is frequently rearranged as I open multiple programs throughout the day. Has anyone found a way to put a lock or freeze on the position of those pinned icons to prevent accidental rearrangement?...
  9. lock screen wallpaper

lock screen wallpaper: Hi, I set a wallpaper on my lock screen by mistake. But I want to get back the windows feature of automatic slideshow of lock screen wallpaper.Before I set the wallpaper, Windows always set a new lock screen wallpaper automatically in about 2-4 days, but when I set a new...
  10. Possible False Positive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible False Positive?: Hello! I've been trying to figure this out all day; on my desktop earlier today, Windows defender flagged a file associated with the Immersive Control Panel - 'Control Panel a.k.a. ControlPanel.settingcontent-ms' - as 'Trojan:O97M/DPlink.A' in my user files and in the...