Windows 10: Is it possible to make a .bat file to open software and make them open on different virtual...

Discus and support Is it possible to make a .bat file to open software and make them open on different virtual... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! So I'm a vivid Linux user and have several set-ups done so I can run different commands in my terminal and it starts different software, set-ups... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AtZeroOne, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Is it possible to make a .bat file to open software and make them open on different virtual...

Hello! So I'm a vivid Linux user and have several set-ups done so I can run different commands in my terminal and it starts different software, set-ups them properly up on my different virtual desktops, etc.

eg.

1. Run "webdev" in terminal
    2. This loads, Visual Studio Code, Firefox, Deezer (for music while I code), etc. and places them on the correct virtual desktop. Eg. Visual Studio Code and Firefox next to each other, deezer on another one, and so on.
    3. Now I'm already set-up to start doing some work and everything is loaded.

Is something like this possible to do on Windows as well? So when I run different .bat files, or terminal commands, I can load up different dev. environments depending on what my focus is at the time.

submitted by /u/AtZeroOne
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AtZeroOne, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 2, 2019
  3. kimondoe Win User
    Open app in cmd in specific task view

At startup, I already have 3 task views opened.
    So I want .bat file to start my apps and I want it to be opened on a specific task view.

But if it is not possible on .bat, I'll look into powershell as suggested.

kimondoe, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Is it possible to make a .bat file to open software and make them open on different virtual...

How to open a .aspx?

I think the biggest problem with this thread is that two knowledgeable parties (whether right or wrong) wanted to show how knowledgeable they are instead of just providing OP a means to open the .aspx file.

That said, OP hasn't done much to help himself, otherwise he would've explained the context of his trying to open said .aspx file and either Ford or Mind would've been able to step in and give the technical details on why or how it would or wouldn't be possible to open the file.

DAT RUN-ON SENTENCE.

OnePostWonder, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to make a .bat file to open software and make them open on different virtual...

1. Is it possible to make a .bat file to open software and make them open on different virtual... - Similar Threads - possible bat file

2. Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?: I've been trying to make a fake error message just like the one in the vbs scripts with a bat/cmd file yet I could not. I've tried searching online but to no avail. Is there a way to do so? Just asking.Edit: I'd also like it if it could run the command repeatedly forever....
  3. Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?: I've been trying to make a fake error message just like the one in the vbs scripts with a bat/cmd file yet I could not. I've tried searching online but to no avail. Is there a way to do so? Just asking.Edit: I'd also like it if it could run the command repeatedly forever....
  4. How to make file open with no program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make file open with no program.: A while back I accidentally set .viso (virtual iso) files to open with Internet Explorer, how do I change it so NO program opens viso files except VirtualBox or something? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  5. Is it possible to make only specific file open with a different program?

Is it possible to make only specific file open with a different program?: Hello I am using Autohotkey language(or whatevcer that is) for one script I've written the script in notepad and then in properties changed the default program that launches the file to Autohotkey, unsurprisingly all notepad files now try to open with this...
  6. Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them

in Windows 10 News
    Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them: [ATTACH]Windows 10 almost forces users to use Microsoft Edge as the default application for […] This article Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How can I make a .bat program close itself after it opens a file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make a .bat program close itself after it opens a file?: Hello, so basically, I have a .bat program designed to open a file yes, only that, and I would like it to end itself immediately after opening said file. The program: "C:\Program Files x86\DesignFOIL\DESIGNFOIL_R6_DEMO.exe" end As of now, the program runs the file,...
  8. cant open .bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant open .bat file: I cant open the .bat file it says This app can't be run on your pc to find a version for your pc check with the software publisher I have my account activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-bat-file/99d3a3d7-a386-4dbc-b566-543e786fe354
  9. Can't open .bat files

Can't open .bat files: I want to open a .bat file. I double click on it, it appears on the screen in less then 1 second and then it disappears. What can I do? submitted by /u/Dieghito03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl7csj/cant_open_bat_files/
  10. Make "Personal Folder" in Start Menu open "User's Files": possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make "Personal Folder" in Start Menu open "User's Files": possible?: If I ask Windows to display a desktop icon for "User's Files" [img] an icon named "Andrey" will appear on my desktop, which will open a "virtual" folder containing all of my special folders (Documents, Pictures etc.) [img] In reality these folders are located on...