Windows 10: Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?

Discus and support Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have multiple folders on my desktop and I want it to open to look like another desktop not a folder open in Windows explorer? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Simmonsdude, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?

I have multiple folders on my desktop and I want it to open to look like another desktop not a folder open in Windows explorer?

submitted by /u/Simmonsdude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Simmonsdude, Jun 28, 2020

2. Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop? 26affdf1-72c6-4477-9013-2fd3dc999ea8.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 28, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?

1. Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop? - Similar Threads - possible folder opens

2. Is it possible to make my taskbar look like this without any external software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make my taskbar look like this without any external software?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GanimetYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7qahb/is_it_possible_to_make_my_taskbar_look_like_this/
  3. Is it possible to make my Windows 10 Google Chrome look like Chrome Operating System when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to make my Windows 10 Google Chrome look like Chrome Operating System when...: Hi all, in Windows 8 and 8.1 there is a way to make Google Chrome look like the Chrome OS by 'relaunching it with windows 8 mode' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6j2hhZBT7I Is there a way to make my Google Chrome look like Chrome OS, or any other desktop personalization...
  4. Is it possible to make my Windows look like Chrome OS?

Is it possible to make my Windows look like Chrome OS?: Hi all, now this might sound silly, I like the way how the Chrome OS looks, with all apps together in one place, not in a list:...
  5. Make desktop look like file explorer?

Make desktop look like file explorer?: Is there any way to do this in Windows 10? What I mean is, instead of icons on the desktop with the background, make it like the detailed folder view of file explorer. submitted by /u/ps4facts [link] [comments]...
  6. Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?: I noticed that the folders are yellow and the folder icons appear as partially opened folders at an angle, whereas in Mac the folders are light blue flat folders not at an angle. Is there a way to make the Windows folders look like Mac folders? Also is there a way to add...
  7. How to make the icons look like this.

How to make the icons look like this.: This are how my icons looks like: [ATTACH] How can I make the icons look like this:[ATTACH] This is something I really wanted to know because it looks better in the second photo and I think it is more beautiful and aesthetic, but I don't know how to do it that way, I have...
  8. How to make the icons look like this.

How to make the icons look like this.: [IMG] This are how my icons looks like: https://preview.redd.it/mg35coy93fe41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=00d9115b78cba3361bd78c4cd1c96df9f0e1d7da How can I make the icons look like this:...
  9. Is there a possibility to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

Is there a possibility to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7: I've been useing Windows 7 over 5 years and next year i shoud get Windows 10.Now i really like Win10 i have nothing against that operating system i just want to ask is there a possibility to make Win10 look like Win7,like a theme....
  10. Make 10 look like XP?

Make 10 look like XP?: Anybody find anything to make 10 look like XP? 4852