Windows 10: Is it possible to make hover to select windows faster?

Discus and support Is it possible to make hover to select windows faster? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. At work I use W10. Can I make selecting windows faster (near instant) by hovering the mouse? I refer to this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Royaourt, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Is it possible to make hover to select windows faster?

/u/Royaourt, Jun 6, 2020

2. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

Hi LianeLe,

There's a possibility that the auto-select on mouse hover is enabled on mouse settings that's you're experiencing this kind of issue. You may follow these steps to disable this feature and see if it works:

1. Open Settings.
    2. On the search bar, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    3. Once in Control Panel window, set the view to small icons, then select
      Ease of Access Center.
    4. Under Explore all settings, select Make the mouse easier to use option.
    5. Under Make it easier to manage windows, uncheck Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    6. Once done, click Apply, then OK.

Please observe if the mouse still auto-select and then update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Is it possible to make hover to select windows faster?

Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to make hover to select windows faster?

1. Is it possible to make hover to select windows faster? - Similar Threads - possible hover select

2. Invert Files to select files faster on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Invert Files to select files faster on Windows: When it comes to selecting files in File Explorer, Windows users have plenty of options. From left-clicking to selecting individual files to drawing a rectangle around files for selection. Keyboard shortcuts help further: holding down the Shift-key while left-clicking on...
  3. How to make pc faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make pc faster: I have a 1.5 TB local disk and my pc is 4 GB ram but I cannot use ready boost so is it possible to make my pc faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-pc-faster/ece4d98a-ef18-4238-b2db-92e8d1d20829
  4. Is Possible To Make Windows 10 Faster After Entering Login Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Possible To Make Windows 10 Faster After Entering Login Password?: I've tried windows 11 and feel some significant difference. One of them is the loading speed after I finish typing the login password.Can I make faster loading on Windows 10 after entering the password to login? Like Windows 11?...
  5. Is Possible To Make Windows 10 Faster After Entering Login Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Possible To Make Windows 10 Faster After Entering Login Password?: I've tried windows 11 and feel some significant difference. One of them is the loading speed after I finish typing the login password.Can I make faster loading on Windows 10 after entering the password to login? Like Windows 11?...
  6. Is Possible To Make Windows 10 Faster After Entering Login Password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hover-Select Mostly Works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hover-Select Mostly Works: I activated the Hover-Select function in my current Win10 so that when my mouse hovers over an open program, that one is auto selected. It seems to mostly work as expected, but does not work when I hover over a Java based program. e.g. a Java based HP calculator I use, or a...
  8. Hover-Select MOSTLY Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover-Select MOSTLY Works: I activated the Hover-Select function in my current Win10 so that when my mouse hovers over an open program, that one is auto selected. It seems to mostly work as expected, but does not work when I hover over a Java based program. e.g. a Java based HP calculator I use, or a...
  9. Hover select issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover select issue: I have had this computer for several years and have never had a problem. In the past 3 months it has started to randomly start selecting everything I hover over. This has been pretty scary considering we are all doing virtual work and sharing screens. It's absolutely...
  10. How to stop selection by hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72