Windows 10: Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

Discus and support Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RST20886432, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses and I mean aside from increasing the size of the icons through the view menu in internet explorer. Being able to change the font would be nice as well. Does anyone know how to do ANY of these things? It would be a gigantic help to me.

:)

RST20886432, Jun 15, 2021

2. Sudden increase in Font size everywhere

The font size of icons as well as font size of everything in the file explorer increased suddenly. Its at 100% scaling, but still is larger than usual. I also tried custom scaling
    but did not work. The font size in the Apps window, start and tiles is proper but the font size of icon text, folders titles, disc names etc. is bigger than usual. please help

SumitKulkarni, Jun 15, 2021
  3. folders font size

How do i increase the fonts size of my folders lists? The icon sizes are normal but the letters fonts are super tiny.

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]

MARIACHINN, Jun 15, 2021
  4. SusanZy Win User

Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

1. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase... - Similar Threads - possible icons folders

2. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  3. Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22: Windows 11 on new computer.I can't increase the font size past 22 on the 'Type' feature in Paint. I have increased the text box and the size of the canvas. Neither of those options have worked. I have closed out of paint and gone back in and the issue still occurs. :/ Is...
  4. Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22: Windows 11 on new computer.I can't increase the font size past 22 on the 'Type' feature in Paint. I have increased the text box and the size of the canvas. Neither of those options have worked. I have closed out of paint and gone back in and the issue still occurs. :/ Is...
  5. Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size

Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size: I would like to change the system font size to make the text appear Bold and larger in size. Since none of the tricks suggested on this forum for a similar question seem to work with my system, I am posting this question again with my OS Details: Edition Windows10 Home...
  6. Increase ICON label font size???????

Increase ICON label font size???????: Seems I can adjust all the font sizes in Windows 10 and ICON sizes but the ICON labels remain tiny. Any fix coming for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-icon-label-font-size/f56feeaf-3894-4e38-9eba-2b9d5fdcad0d
  7. returning to larger font size

returning to larger font size: how do I click on the "desktop", then screen resolution, then "make text size larger" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-to-larger-font-size/0ac547bf-a51d-4a1b-a32d-d9a76ccef217
  8. How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger

How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger: I don't understand the reasoning behind removing the ability to set the display fonts. What was wrong with letting individual users set the font type and size? My eyes aren't getting any younger and the font used in windows explorer is too small at times. I want to make...
  9. Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons: The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER. NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons tell me how to get the NAME under the icons LARGER? Windows 11 was re-installed in late December 2017 so I do not need to go get any updates. 101805
  10. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger: Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control...