Windows 10: Is it possible to make it dual boot?

Discus and support Is it possible to make it dual boot? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I managed to get VMWare running from Drive G: which is 80GB plus However, I had to manually jack up the RAM to 2GB. My accounting still comes back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sgiitk, Jun 3, 2016.

1. sgiitk Win User

Is it possible to make it dual boot?

I managed to get VMWare running from Drive G: which is 80GB plus

However, I had to manually jack up the RAM to 2GB. My accounting still comes back with the same error. So in brief it did not solve my problem but told me quite a lot about VMs. Good learning experience.

So at the end of the year it is MacPro plus Wine!

sgiitk, Jun 9, 2016
  2. sgiitk Win User

There was no joy in my issue of running my accounting software. It was still bombing out.

So a friend suggested another tack. he asked me to restore the system to a version where it was working. I use AOMEI One Key Recovery. Checking through my old files (on an external HDD) I found one of 14 April, when I thought my system was behaving. I took another Recovery. So 'Recovered' to 14 April. Sure enough accounting was working fine. Then I switched the Samsung SCX-3400 to WiFi. Now I went through Samsung Printer Installer. asking for a native WiFi install. It wanted to update three files, scanner TWAIN and two more. I allowed it to, proceed, but only the TWAIN driver was installed. I installed their Universal Printer Driver 3, externally. Bingo the Printer and accounting were both working.

Then I restored back the April 16 version, removed the printer, but no joy. There must have been some stub which was blocking. Back to April 14, repeat the story, and then allow to update.

All systems go. What I now recall is that when we were trying to switch the printer to wireless, the system had some problems with the existing driver, so got one and installed it. That must have been origin of my woes.

Thanks folks for trying to help out. I have narrated the whole sequence, since we always learn from the experience of others.

sgiitk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to make it dual boot?

1. Is it possible to make it dual boot? - Similar Threads - possible dual boot

2. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  3. Is it possible to make dual boot and install windows 8.1 with windows 10 ? windows 10 is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make dual boot and install windows 8.1 with windows 10 ? windows 10 is...: Spent days hours to try to running battlefield bad company 2 again and nothing worked.When installed windows 7 as the installing started the keyboards and mouse didn't work.When installed windows 8.1 I could install the game and play it but windows 8.1 never gave me the...
  4. Is it possible to make dual boot and install windows 8.1 with windows 10 ? windows 10 is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to make dual boot and install windows 8.1 with windows 10 ? windows 10 is...: Spent days hours to try to running battlefield bad company 2 again and nothing worked.When installed windows 7 as the installing started the keyboards and mouse didn't work.When installed windows 8.1 I could install the game and play it but windows 8.1 never gave me the...
  5. Is it possible to make dual boot and install windows 8.1 with windows 10 ? windows 10 is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN

Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN: Ok so here it is. I have a New HP 1tb that I want to partition the SSD into 3 partitions and install Windows 10 Pro on each partition and have a dual boot computer. I have an older computer that I had done this to with no problems. So here is my problem. I have created mt new...
  7. 2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?

2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?: I have already checked that the process to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit laptop to the equivalent Win 10 runs smoothly keeping almost every application and all data perfect. The point is that I have a rather complex (for me) configuration in an HP system with two Win...
  8. Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?: I want to install linux on a separate nvme and still boot natively to vhdx's that I will add to the windows boot manager with one normal windows on a separate nvme. Is this possible or does grub completely replace the windows boot manager altogether. 144144
  9. Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?

Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?: I want to install linux on a separate nvme and still boot natively to vhdx's that I will add to the windows boot manager with one normal windows on a separate nvme. Is this possible or does grub completely replace the windows boot manager altogether. 144144
  10. Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot?: Hello! This is my first post on the forum. I want some help about how dual boot works. My PC is running Windows 10, but I'm having some problems with the OS and I need to format it, but my Desktop does not have CD/DVD drive and I need to create a bootable pen drive. This is...