Windows 10: Is it possible to make my mouse ignore a certain window?

Discus and support Is it possible to make my mouse ignore a certain window? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to do something but when I move my mouse it sometimes hovers over my Picture in Picture and it is really annoying. Is it possible to make my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by E.J. Paras, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Is it possible to make my mouse ignore a certain window?

I want to do something but when I move my mouse it sometimes hovers over my Picture in Picture and it is really annoying. Is it possible to make my mouse ignore that window?

:)

E.J. Paras, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Is it possible to make my mouse ignore a certain window?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to make my mouse ignore a certain window?

1. Is it possible to make my mouse ignore a certain window? - Similar Threads - possible mouse ignore

2. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  3. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  4. Is it possible to make a window unclosable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make a window unclosable?: For example, I want to make it so I can never close my "Downloads" folder (make it so the top right red X doesn't work) and if I open a folder inside "Downloads", it always opens it up as a new tab/window instead of going directly. I guess I would also need to disable the...
  5. Is there a way to make windows ignore a monitor disconnecting?

Is there a way to make windows ignore a monitor disconnecting?: Greetings, I have an old monitor on my three monitor setup that keeps disconnecting and conencting back randomly, 1 sec duration or so. It has not bothered me much. The trouble came when I started playing an old mmorpg back again. When the disconnect happends, it shuts down...
  6. Certain programs make my computer act as if certain keys are pressed down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs make my computer act as if certain keys are pressed down: Hello, Recently, I've been having a very strange issue: while running certain programs, my computer suddenly begins to act as if certain keys on my keyboard are being pressed. In the beginning, it acted as though the CTRL key was pressed ex: pressing "w" executes the "CTRL...
  7. is it possible to make the mouse pointer smaller than smallest possible?

is it possible to make the mouse pointer smaller than smallest possible?: i love how small the pointer is on a 1440p resolution but it looks so bulky in 1080p. if there's any way to change the pointer size to smaller THAN SMALLEST POSSIBLE please let me know. i do not mean going into ease of access shit. i don't mean this...
  8. Make Capslock ignore number keys?

Make Capslock ignore number keys?: Hi, I noticed that on my work-computer the capslock key does not affect numbers. On my laptop (both running windows 10), it changes the numbers to their associated symbol. I find the first version much more comfortable; is there a way to change this, or is it dependent on the...
  9. Windows 10 ignores "make this my main display" setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ignores "make this my main display" setting: I have three monitors, and recently, W10 decided to make Display #3 the main display (where the notification icons are, etc.). When I open Display settings, Windows 10 ignores changes to the "make this my main display" setting. That is if I select the "make this my main...
  10. My mouse wont click on certain places

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse wont click on certain places: so i've got this issue that comes and goes. Uh so basically my mouse wont click my taskbar sometimes and on google chrome when i press on one of my bookmarks it opens a new tab instead and when i press on it, it closes down, and no im not pressing the X, its wherever i press...