Windows 10: Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?

Discus and support Is it possible to make start menu more transparent? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to make the start menu more transparent. Ideally without 3rd party tools. submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobatanything, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?

I would like to make the start menu more transparent. Ideally without 3rd party tools.

submitted by /u/noobatanything
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noobatanything, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Kevin_KK Win User

How to make screenshot of the start menu?

I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure:

1. Open "SnippingTool"
    2. Set a delay, say, 5 seconds
    3. Click "New"
    4. Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up
    5. 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot.
    However, after the fifth step, the start menu is still editable. While I expect it to be masked by a translucent white indicating I can make screenshot over it, it's not the case. In fact, I must click somewhere to enable screenshot on start menu. Is there
    any better/straightforward way to make screenshot of the start menu? Thanks!

Kevin_KK, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Is it possible to make the Start Menu in Windows 10 the Expanded one by default?

What you called background "list" is actually the list of applications in your first screenshot, so it is not empty as you said, it's just hidden behind the expanded menu. There is no setting in Windows 10 to make the expanded menu as default, but there is a setting for the list of applications. If you don't want to see it, follow there steps:

• Go to Settings > Personalization > Start
    • Disable Show app list in Start menu

Racil Hilan, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?

1. Is it possible to make start menu more transparent? - Similar Threads - possible start menu

2. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  3. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  4. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. transparency of start menu!

transparency of start menu!: i do not have my start menu transparent even though the task bar is . Can i hope for a reply as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-of-start-menu/c6184f84-74fe-45f1-b9ff-b26a3c4b7eb7
  6. Transparent start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparent start menu?: Hello, I didn't use this OS for a long and after coming back I've noticed that the start menu isn't transparent anymore? The taskbar is (and it's blurry somewhy), but the start menu is dark gray. I think it was like this after the white theme update, not sure... Is there a...
  7. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  8. Start menu not transparent

Start menu not transparent: My start menu won't turn transparent or translucent. I have enabled transparency and have tried all the regedits after googling, non of them work. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/suskab [link] [comments]...
  9. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...
  10. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: Is there any way to change the transparency/colour intensity of the start menu? Classic Start Menu allowed me to change the transparency of the task bar and I'm left with this Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet So far i couldn't find any program/tweak to change...