Windows 10: Is it possible to make the lowest brightness setting on my laptop to be "off"?

Discus and support Is it possible to make the lowest brightness setting on my laptop to be "off"? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to own a macbook and I liked how turning the brightness down completely would turn the screen off. Is there any way to replicate this behaviour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lyichi, Aug 7, 2020.

1. /u/Lyichi Win User

Is it possible to make the lowest brightness setting on my laptop to be "off"?

I used to own a macbook and I liked how turning the brightness down completely would turn the screen off. Is there any way to replicate this behaviour on Windows? Thank you.

submitted by /u/Lyichi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lyichi, Aug 7, 2020

2. Brightness is stuck on lowest setting

Hi Rhaine,

This looks like an automated response. I tried everything you suggested, but when I re-enabled the drivers, the brightness was stuck in the lowest setting. Now i cant even see enough to access the areas you suggested. Thank you, though!

ZacharyLach, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Brightness is stuck on lowest setting

Recently, I was having issues adjusting the brightness in windows 10. All of the drivers were updated, but the problem still persisted. Even adjusting in setting without using hotkeys wouldnt work. I also tried disabling and enabling display and monitor
    drivers. When I enabled the drivers my screen became stuck on the lowest brightness setting, rendering my laptop useless. Is there a way to adjust the brightness in the BIOS? I can see the faintess hint of the pssword window on startup, but its not enough.
    The only thing i can see is the bios. I have an important meeting in 2 hours. Please help!

ZacharyLach, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Is it possible to make the lowest brightness setting on my laptop to be "off"?

My laptop’s brightness has gone to the lowest setting and I cannot change back

I shut down my laptop last night, however, when i woke up, the brightness was set to the lowest, and i could not change it in any way. I tried restarting the computer however that would not work.

Is there any way i can fix this?

ConnerWesterman, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to make the lowest brightness setting on my laptop to be "off"?

1. Is it possible to make the lowest brightness setting on my laptop to be "off"? - Similar Threads - possible lowest brightness

2. laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display: really simple, but at the same time weird thing: i normally use my laptop with a 2nd display plugged in, and in "use 2nd display" mode. but whenever the display turns on while the pc is running, or its simply disconnected, the laptop's internal display is at the lowest...
  3. laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display: really simple, but at the same time weird thing: i normally use my laptop with a 2nd display plugged in, and in "use 2nd display" mode. but whenever the display turns on while the pc is running, or its simply disconnected, the laptop's internal display is at the lowest...
  4. Is it possible to turn off the auto brightness of my CAMERA not screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to turn off the auto brightness of my CAMERA not screen?: I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.In Zoom, Google Classroom, Webex Meetings and Microsoft Meetings, the auto brightness of my webcam get WAAAAY brighter...
  5. My laptop’s brightness has gone to the lowest setting and I cannot change back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop’s brightness has gone to the lowest setting and I cannot change back: I shut down my laptop last night, however, when i woke up, the brightness was set to the lowest, and i could not change it in any way. I tried restarting the computer however that would not work. Is there any way i can fix this?...
  6. Brightness is stuck on lowest setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness is stuck on lowest setting: Recently, I was having issues adjusting the brightness in windows 10. All of the drivers were updated, but the problem still persisted. Even adjusting in setting without using hotkeys wouldnt work. I also tried disabling and enabling display and monitor drivers. When I...
  7. Lowest Possible RAM Usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lowest Possible RAM Usage?: What are some Windows services/applications/default startups I can disable to lower RAM usage? Right now on a new(ish) installation of Windows 10 Pro it's at around 2GB (out of 4), I'd like it to be 1.5GB or otherwise as low as possible. No non-essential third party apps are...
  8. brightness level locked at lowest level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...
  9. My laptops brightness is stuck at the lowest possible!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptops brightness is stuck at the lowest possible!: Ive tried using the keys and using the slider in settings but neither have worked! I can barely see the screen! Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-brightness-is-stuck-at-the-lowest/465a7bbc-3d6c-452e-be87-1f4352715f89
  10. Lowest Possible RAM usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lowest Possible RAM usage?: What are some Windows services/applications/default startups I can disable to lower idle RAM usage? Right now on a new(ish) installation of Windows 10 Pro it's at around 3GB (out of 16), I'd like it to be 2GB, ideally 1.5 or otherwise as low as possible. No non-essential...