Windows 10: Is it possible to make WhatsApp calls through Windows?

Discus and support Is it possible to make WhatsApp calls through Windows? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I now have a new mobile phone, the Samsung Galaxy A40. There I have the feature "Link to Windows" with which I can make calls over the network. It's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Belafu, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Belafu Win User

Is it possible to make WhatsApp calls through Windows?

I now have a new mobile phone, the Samsung Galaxy A40. There I have the feature "Link to Windows" with which I can make calls over the network.

It's a stupid question because I can set it up and test it myself, but I've already done that.

So I asked someone if I could call him and I could hear him and he could hear me, and that through the microphone of my PC. If I do that now, a small window comes up, where it says that the call is directly finished.

Now I don't know if I can do it or not.

:)

Belafu, Jun 26, 2020

2. Whatsapp desktop - making a chat / call with no contacts

A friend uses Whatsapp from a phone. I'd like to use whatsapp from my desktop or phone to communicate with them.

I have installed whatsapp on my android phone and have connected the desktop. And am leaving the phone turned on, as directed.

I refused to permit Whatsapp to read my contacts, etc.. I'm not a big facebook fan and know that they share everything everywhere and sell it everywhere.

However, I cannot figure a way to make or even receive a call using whatsapp without using my contacts list.
    Is this true or is there something I'm missing. On the desktop app I put in a phone number and it wants to search my contacts, which of course it does not have. After using "Create Group" same thing.

No way to make a call at all with whatsapp if you don't share your contacts with it?

if so, Whatsapp is completely broken for me.

And if so that's fine since I can use Skype or Discord just fine.

Thanks much,
    wg

Windy Gamer, Jun 26, 2020
  3. LCRT Win User
    WhatsApp call

Update it through windows store.

... yes, and no.

1. first, whatsapp needs to add that feature to their Windows phone app.

2. whenever they do, and it gets released, the update is then provided via store, usually automatically.

your suggestion of updating via the store implies that the feature is indeed available - and it isn't yet.

4. Is it possible to make WhatsApp calls through Windows?

WhatsApp call

Update it through windows store.

adam hafizihafizi, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to make WhatsApp calls through Windows?

1. Is it possible to make WhatsApp calls through Windows? - Similar Threads - possible WhatsApp calls

2. Unable to make audio video calls or accept them on Whatsapp for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make audio video calls or accept them on Whatsapp for Windows 11: Hello everyone!I have tried everything! Enabled camera, granted access to wahtsapp to use it, same with microphone. Reinstalled it like 5-6 times, restarted my device. I can see an incoming voice or video call but it won't let me accept it. I am also not able to make voice or...
  3. Unable to make audio video calls or accept them on Whatsapp for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make audio video calls or accept them on Whatsapp for Windows 11: Hello everyone!I have tried everything! Enabled camera, granted access to wahtsapp to use it, same with microphone. Reinstalled it like 5-6 times, restarted my device. I can see an incoming voice or video call but it won't let me accept it. I am also not able to make voice or...
  4. WhatsApp desktop typing not possible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp desktop typing not possible.: Since re-installation of WhatsApp on my desktop, I can't type in the text box anymore. Typed on my mobile, it is also shown on the desktop WhatsApp. I can open the App easily but no text typing possible....
  5. WhatsApp desktop typing not possible.

WhatsApp desktop typing not possible.: Since re-installation of WhatsApp on my desktop, I can't type in the text box anymore. Typed on my mobile, it is also shown on the desktop WhatsApp. I can open the App easily but no text typing possible....
  6. WhatsApp Beta muting calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp Beta muting calls: I downloaded my WhatsApp Beta from the Microsoft store.when am calling i can hear the other person's voice but my calls are muted on their side.My screen is displaying "microphone unavailable or in-use in another app" i disabled all my app that have access to my microphone...
  7. WhatsApp Beta muting calls

WhatsApp Beta muting calls: I downloaded my WhatsApp Beta from the Microsoft store.when am calling i can hear the other person's voice but my calls are muted on their side.My screen is displaying "microphone unavailable or in-use in another app" i disabled all my app that have access to my microphone...
  8. Your Phone app hijacks WhatsApp calls

Your Phone app hijacks WhatsApp calls: A few days ago I installed Your Phone on my Android phone and on my Windows 10 laptop. Today I received a WhatsApp video call on my phone. I answered using my phone, and the video appeared on my phone, but both the sound in and sound out got hijacked by Your Phone and so I...
  9. making calls through a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    making calls through a laptop: I need to make phone calls on my cell phone on a regular basis. Is there a way to do this through my laptop? The headset I need to use connects via USB on the laptop not on the cell phone. Thank you...
  10. Whatsapp desktop - making a chat / call with no contacts

Whatsapp desktop - making a chat / call with no contacts: A friend uses Whatsapp from a phone. I'd like to use whatsapp from my desktop or phone to communicate with them. I have installed whatsapp on my android phone and have connected the desktop. And am leaving the phone turned on, as directed. I refused to permit Whatsapp to...