Windows 10: Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

Discus and support Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the topic said above ,Is it possible to merge the partition and unused spaces together ? In the picture,Sorry it is in Japanese I only use drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Melwin, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Melwin Win User

Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

As the topic said above ,Is it possible to merge the partition and unused spaces together ?

In the picture,Sorry it is in Japanese I only use drive C and D but I have another partition that I do not use and it take a

lot of space.

Partition 1 is recovery partition
    Partition 2 is EFI system partion
    Partition 5 is recovery partition

Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ? [​IMG]

:)

Melwin, Oct 10, 2017

2. Can't expand Win10 C: partition after restoring image to larger hardrive

I am trying to extend the existing the main C: partition using Disk Management, after restoring a System Image of Windows 10 on a larger hard drive. Disk Management shows three partitions and some unused space. When I right click on the partition I want
    to expand, the "extend volume" option is grayed out. Since the Recovery Partition is between the C: partition and unused space, I cannot make a contiguous partition by merging the C: with the unused space.

For some reason, not much forethought from Microsoft went into someone upgrading to a larger hard drive, which is a common practice.

michael hyams, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Extend system partition with unallocated space

Hallo!

I am trying to extend the system partition with unallocated space.

How do I merge those two together in order to increase the space on the system partition?

The unallocated space was created with the help of "ease us partition manager".

I have a system reserved partition which was far to big. So I unallocated the space I did not require in order to add it to the system partition where WIN10 is located.

How do I do that?

After starting "diskmgmt.msc" I am not able to increase space by "right click" on the system partition and "click" on "Extend volume".

Any reply is appreciated

J. Thomas Lund, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

Recovery partition created by your computer manufacturer for you to able to reset your computer to factory default settings. If you have Windows 10 you can backup and delete Recovery partition from Control Panel --> Recovery --> Create a recover drive.

Use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition to merge Recovery partition with c: partition.

FreeBooter, Oct 10, 2017
Thema:

Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

1. Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ? - Similar Threads - possible merge partition

2. Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?: Hello! I'm running Windows 10 on my PC and I have two different Windows accounts under two different emails, but I'd like to merge them so that everything is all in one place. One reason for instance is to use the account that I have associated with my XBOX on the same...
  3. Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?: Hello! I'm running Windows 10 on my PC and I have two different Windows accounts under two different emails, but I'd like to merge them so that everything is all in one place. One reason for instance is to use the account that I have associated with my XBOX on the same...
  4. Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unused Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unused Partition: How do I move space from a NEW VOLUME E Basic Data Partition to increase allocation in Windows C: I am looking at the Disk management tool but unfortunately don't understand what to do with it. Thanks in advance...
  6. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  7. Merging 2 users together?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merging 2 users together?: It sounds really stupid at first, but let me explain. I dont know when but i created a second account on my pc as a sort of private account from the main one i use. Of course this takes up more space on my pc, and now my pc is clustered. I have data on both accounts that i...
  8. Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?: I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?...
  9. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...