Windows 10: Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

Discus and support Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my c drive only has 112 gigs and is always running out of space. is there a way i can replace my "i" drive ssd 1 terabyte for the "c" drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shipp Elijah, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

my c drive only has 112 gigs and is always running out of space. is there a way i can replace my "i" drive ssd 1 terabyte for the "c" drive?

:)

Shipp Elijah, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Dec 9, 2023
  3. SIW2 Win User
    Help with cloning C:/ drive to larger disk  

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368823d1655172197t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk1.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368822d1655172197t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk2.jpg
    you can see from the above there is no letter asigned to the esp partition *: 0:1 300.00(M) GPT *** EFI ESP *** {C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B} [-] so you can add one
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368821d1655172197t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk3.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368820d1655172197t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk4.jpg
    It has assigned letter F to the esp partition.
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368819d1655172197t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk5.jpg
    you might get a pop up from windows asking to scan the newly mounted partition, tell it to go away
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368828d1655172363t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk6.jpg
    You can click the little ??? and it will tell what os is on the partition you have selected in the dropdown.
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368827d1655172363t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk7.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368826d1655172363t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk8.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368825d1655172363t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk9.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368824d1655172363t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk10.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368832d1655173084t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk11.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368831d1655173084t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk12.jpg

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368830d1655173084t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk13.jpg
    In some cases you might need a newer version of bcdboot ( e,g, win7 bcdboot.exe cant work for win11, so you can click the set bcdboot button and browse to a different version
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? 368829d1655173084t-help-cloning-c-drive-larger-disk-bcdbootdisk14.jpg
    If you want to unload any newly assigned letters, do it before exiting bcdbootdisk, or they will persist till your next reboot.

SIW2, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

1. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive? - Similar Threads - possible migrate disk

2. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?: my c drive only has 112 gigs and is always running out of space. is there a way i can replace my "i" drive ssd 1 terabyte for the "c" drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-migrate-my-c-disk-to-a-larger/a5e3fd3b-02e2-44e3-a614-8537870e2d4e
  3. Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate my "c" disk to a larger drive?: my c drive only has 112 gigs and is always running out of space. is there a way i can replace my "i" drive ssd 1 terabyte for the "c" drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-migrate-my-c-disk-to-a-larger/a5e3fd3b-02e2-44e3-a614-8537870e2d4e
  4. make c drive larger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make c drive larger?: is it possible to extend the space in my c drive? i want to add a game and im 60+ GB short... ive seen videos on youtube where others have been able to extend the drive... then ive seen posts under the videos where the same technique has screwed up their computers,.... is...
  5. make c drive larger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    make c drive larger?: is it possible to extend the space in my c drive? i want to add a game and im 60+ GB short... ive seen videos on youtube where others have been able to extend the drive... then ive seen posts under the videos where the same technique has screwed up their computers,.... is...
  6. Why is drive image larger than C;/ drive ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is drive image larger than C;/ drive ?: Thought I'd make a couple different images on my recently built & never used PC. The C: drive is an SSD and the only thing on it is the Windows 10 OS (vers 1909). For starters I made an image using the Windows 10 image function and used a USB HDD. Properties show the C:\...
  7. How to Swap 'C' Drive for a Larger 'C' Drive??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Swap 'C' Drive for a Larger 'C' Drive??: I have a Desktop PC with three SSDs for various apps and programs of which one of them is 500Gb which only has Windows 10 installed on it. What's the best way to go about swapping out this 500Gb SSD which is the 'C' Drive' for a larger capacity SSD?? I've got a backup of my...
  8. How to Swap 'C' Drive for a Larger 'C' Drive??

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Swap 'C' Drive for a Larger 'C' Drive??: I have a Desktop PC with three SSDs for various apps and programs of which one of them is 500Gb which only has Windows 10 installed on it. What's the best way to go about swapping out this 500Gb SSD which is the 'C' Drive' for a larger capacity SSD?? I've got a backup of my...
  9. Replace C drive with larger 1.

Replace C drive with larger 1.: My computer is a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9010 that came with the 118GB HdD C-drive that fills up fast when working with graphics. I did a disk image with Macrium ReflectDL, which is stored on (D). What is best way to get the image on (storage D)? Both reside in the same bay...
  10. Migrating to larger drive with Macrium

Migrating to larger drive with Macrium: I can't seem to get Macrium (paid version) to utilize the full size of a new SSD. I want to restore my Insider version on a larger SSD. But when I restore, its like its doing a clone rather than restore. I've done this in the past without problems, don't know what I'm doing...