Windows 10: Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Discus and support Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Sorry if this has already been asked, new to the site so haven't had time to dig around for it. I was wondering if it was possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by usgrcm, Nov 8, 2016.

1. usgrcm Win User

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Hi everyone, Sorry if this has already been asked, new to the site so haven't had time to dig around for it. I was wondering if it was possible to change the icon for the Default user account at the login screen. I know in the past you could "hack" the authui.dll on Windows 7 and put your own icon in, but I don't see that option with Windows 10.

Thanks.

:)

usgrcm, Nov 8, 2016

2. Is it possible to modify the mouse over preview

Hi Okella,

For advanced support on how to modify the mouse over preview, we suggest that you post your queries in our
    TechNet forums.

Let us know if you have nay other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 8, 2016
  3. Is it possible to modify the mouse over preview

Below is the "mouse over preview". They always show in explorer but not always on the taskbar. Is there a setting to always show the "mouse over preview" on the taskbar? I know already of the Jump List setting. The second example is where I need the preview
    all the time.

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen? [​IMG]

Example 2

Okella Wood, Nov 8, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @usgrcm , welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Replace the highlighted images at the highlighted location with images of your choice but make them the same size, same type and same name.

Edwin, Nov 9, 2016
  5. Flissa Win User
    Go to settings - accounts. Choose your account. Under Create your picture click on browse then go to your Pictures choose your favourite photo etc click choose picture and windows will do the rest. I have a picture of my cat or favourite landscape on mine. No hacking or resizing necessary.

Flissa, Nov 9, 2016
  6. usgrcm Win User
    I went through and replaced EVERY User-*.png with our graphic and it still did not fix the issue. It still goes to the Default User graphic.

usgrcm, Nov 14, 2016
  7. Flissa Win User

Here is a screenshot of my account page showing my account icons. I did this using the steps I posted under the heading Create your picture then clicking Browse for one. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. I'm no geek - I even had to find out how to do a screenshot for this post! Hope this helps Regards .

Flissa, Nov 14, 2016
  8. usgrcm Win User

This is not the Logged in User Icon, this is the Default user or "Other User" Screen

On Windows 7, this was modified with the AUTHUI.DLL. Doing the above steps of modifying the User-XXX.png files has no affect

usgrcm, Nov 15, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    So can you NOT change the picture as suggested by flissa?

SonicBlue, Nov 15, 2016
  10. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Nov 15, 2016
  11. Flissa Win User
    Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

Flissa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen? - Similar Threads - possible modify default

2. Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...: I have an incredibly niche and obscure requirement to hide both the user icon and the loading wheel when the computer is starting up. I already have automatic login turned on and have scoured the internet and have lurked a few forums to see if there is a solution to this...
  3. Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...: I have an incredibly niche and obscure requirement to hide both the user icon and the loading wheel when the computer is starting up. I already have automatic login turned on and have scoured the internet and have lurked a few forums to see if there is a solution to this...
  4. Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Other User Icon Missing from Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Icon Missing from Login Screen: I am just so frustrated right now.I got a new computer, it came with Windows 11, I am trying to access my work account, so I did the Access Work or School Account under the settings. Then tried to change users like on my old computer, and there is no Other User Icon on the...
  6. Other User Icon Missing from Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User Icon Missing from Login Screen: I am just so frustrated right now.I got a new computer, it came with Windows 11, I am trying to access my work account, so I did the Access Work or School Account under the settings. Then tried to change users like on my old computer, and there is no Other User Icon on the...
  7. Other User Icon Missing from Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Possible Fake Login Screen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Fake Login Screen?: A computer i regularly use at work forced me to log in using my microsoft account today. This was unusual because i had been using this same PC for months, never had to log in before. It used a local account without a password to login. occasionally, within this local...
  9. Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?): this is a rather odd and petty mod id like to do, on a special screen i have on my case (a sonwblind s case) id like the no signal or default background to be white instead of black, reason is because this is a very special translucent that the color black displays as SOLID...
  10. Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?): this is a rather odd and petty mod id like to do, on a special screen i have on my case (a sonwblind s case) id like the no signal or default background to be white instead of black, reason is because this is a very special translucent that the color black displays as SOLID...