Windows 10: Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?

Discus and support Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In File Explorer there is a 'Copy to" menu, which seems to be comprised mostly of the directories I have pinned to quick access. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, May 15, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?

In File Explorer there is a 'Copy to" menu, which seems to be comprised mostly of the directories I have pinned to quick access.

Is there any way to add or remove folders from this menu?

-Thanks

:)

zBernie, May 15, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 15, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 15, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu? - Similar Threads - possible modify File

2. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  3. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  4. Windows 10 Modified File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Modified File Explorer: [IMG] Last night I shut down my laptop, and a few minutes ago I turned it back on to find that it installed some update (that I was not at all informed of, and updates are paused, so ???). Not sure what it is or what it did, but for some reason my file explorer address bar...
  5. FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???: Files created over many years were copied form PC WIN 7 to a portable hard drive then my new PC WIN10 File creation dates and modified dates changed to the date copy was done. For my purposes this is disastrous. One answer was I should have used "move" instead of "copy"....
  6. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  7. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  8. Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence: So I want to copy files from my PC to Android phone in the "Last Date Modified" sequence. That is, the file in that folder was modified the first should get copied first. Then the file that was modified second, should get copied second. Is there any way to do this?...
  9. Alternate file copy settings possible?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alternate file copy settings possible?: I've never liked the concurrent file copy that Windows has had. I drag a season of TV over to a hard drive, drag another season over while that one is copying, and all of them copy slower and slower to all finish at the same time. I'd like a Consecutive copy rather than a...
  10. Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?: When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible: [img] How could I make it work? 72751

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modify file explorer