Windows 10: Is it possible to name network after network interface?

Discus and support Is it possible to name network after network interface? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I need to have a specific network name due to old SW. Is it possible to force Windows to name the network profile after ethernet adapter?I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jirka Picek, May 13, 2022.

1. Is it possible to name network after network interface?

Hello,I need to have a specific network name due to old SW. Is it possible to force Windows to name the network profile after ethernet adapter?I have multiple network adapters with different names. For example the names of the adapters are FOO_NET and BAR_NET. It would be nice if windows could name the network like "FOO_NET" and if the network changes then name it "FOO_NET 2" and the same for BAR_NET interface but currently when I tested it with FOO_NET adapter connected, the network sometime get name "Network", sometime "FOO_NET". When I disconnected cable, removed all network profiles in reg

:)

Jirka Picek, May 13, 2022

2. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

The Registry steps follower that resolved the issue.

But could you tell us why it appears to select a network status name based on your past Wi-Fi network connections, and then applies it to your wired Ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Mason

masontseng, May 13, 2022
  3. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to change the network name:

1. Press the
    Windows + R keys and type
    secpol.msc, and press Enter.

2. If prompted by
    UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

3. In the left pane of Local Security Policy, click on
    Network List Manager Policies.

4. In the right pane of
    Network List Manager Policies, double click on your current network name.

5. In Network Properties, select
    Name and type the name you prefer.

6. When finished, you can now close Local Security Policy.

7. Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 13, 2022
  4. Is it possible to name network after network interface?

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Is it possible to name network after network interface?

1. Is it possible to name network after network interface? - Similar Threads - possible name network

2. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireles network interface: I'm having a problem with the WiFi network card being disabled, many of the cases that happen are when the computer is coming back from sleep mode.Displays the following log:WLAN Extensibility Module stopped.Module Path: C:\windows\system32\IntelIHVRouter10.dllWiFi driver is...
  3. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireles network interface: I'm having a problem with the WiFi network card being disabled, many of the cases that happen are when the computer is coming back from sleep mode.Displays the following log:WLAN Extensibility Module stopped.Module Path: C:\windows\system32\IntelIHVRouter10.dllWiFi driver is...
  4. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is it possible to name network after network interface?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to name network after network interface?: Hello,I need to have a specific network name due to old SW. Is it possible to force Windows to name the network profile after ethernet adapter?I have multiple network adapters with different names. For example the names of the adapters are FOO_NET and BAR_NET. It would be...
  6. Is it possible to name network after network interface?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to name network after network interface?: Hello,I need to have a specific network name due to old SW. Is it possible to force Windows to name the network profile after ethernet adapter?I have multiple network adapters with different names. For example the names of the adapters are FOO_NET and BAR_NET. It would be...
  7. Network Name

Network Name: In Windows 10, how do I change the Network Name of my Local Area Connection? Do NOT suggest I run secpol.msc, because the Windows Run command says it can't find secpol.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-name/7dece558-e1ec-4da0-8079-2370ba305189
  8. Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  9. Network Interface Won't Accept New Name

Network Interface Won't Accept New Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  10. Network Interface Won't Accept New Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Network Interface Won't Accept New Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...